ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Phase 1 Rsi Purchase.

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Evening all,
Spotted this rather clean looking clio on flebay with a few minutes left on the auction. Messaged the seller who agreed to let me have a look at the car providing the auction ended with no bids. The auction ended, with no bids. So last night I popped up to have a look, the car has 3 previous owners all local, a stack of paperwork, nothing past around the 2014 mark though, no rust, 54,000 miles and a full ticket. Everything works, sunroof is a tilt and slide and doesnt leak, the aircon is ice cold and runs sweet. Feel like I practically stole it at £475 plus £20 for petrol.
I've inserted abit of a rubbish picture as it was late when I got back in, shall put a few more on this evening possibly.
Due to it having no recent history I'm assuming it wants a full course of servicing, the oil is nice and clean in fairness and the coolant is bright green so I feel like its had a recent service but I'd rather be safe.
This being a 1999 reg k4m engine, does it have a dephaser pulley or just the belt? I read somewhere mine should be pre-vvt.
I dont suppose anyone has any numbers on these cars? Surely there arent many left in this condition with this mileage, I cant say as I've seen one in this colour either, would be interested to know anything anyone knows about rsi's.
I had also read that they share a few suspension components with the phase 1 172? Not sure if there is any truth to that either.
f95225b69ff88c78b73897111a3bb130.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Saw rsi and clicked so fast. Severely disappointed thinking it was the beetle!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Never got the appeal with these...... at all.

Chuck an R32 lump in the rear - make it RWD only, add some side-pods for ventilation like a Clio V6 - and make 100 of them. Then I'd get the attraction!
Yeah they should’ve been a bit better engine wise but just look at it! Interior is awesome too

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
yes that will be pre VVT, nice cars always liked the 1.6 16v
Brilliant, great to know thank you. Planning on having a go at cambelt and aux belts myself once a timing tool is purchased and i manage to get the rounded hex bolt out of the end ignition coil so I can get the rocker cover off and the last old spark plug out!

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Belts have been completed this afternoon and shes just ticked over to 55k on the test run after!
70ea17cd920e27c05c8c72d3944900e6.jpg

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
I have a feeling the phase 1 1.6 is K7m engine could be wrong, just incase you need too source parts etc

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
I have a feeling the phase 1 1.6 is K7m engine could be wrong, just incase you need too source parts etc
Is there any way I would know? Sourcing parts has been a right bugger

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Definitely, k7m is single cam by the looks of it.

kangoo
CA92F5EB-1411-42D0-8D97-6259DD9894FB.jpeg

I bought an rsi as well, just not had time to get it mot’d yet. Great spec cars and this one has full Renault history with receipts for allsorts.

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Took mine on a run on saturday, did 140 mile round trip at 70mph with a few spirited exits off roundabouts and returned this! I think mine is secretly a diesel
aa7f3b42d29e517137f95050ae60dff3.jpg

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Sanded the headlights today. Half the equipment and a quarter of the time but decent result I think, makes the front look fresher
4a328012648775e84194bf8d3c29c5cf.jpg
8e720c98f5949855393e87ad1e02b2f6.jpg