ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio poor starting, unburnt fuel

VW Potato

troops, like some of you other guys, my 172 doesnt always start on the first turn of the key in the morning when the weathers mild (it starts no probs at all when its freezing or very hot, but gets its knickers in a twist on an average morning).

Anyway, to my question - almost every morning since the summer, its taken two turns to get the car to start. Now, Im not technical but, does the first turn send any unburnt fuel into the cat? If so, this can cause harm I guess? (Sorry if this is wrong - as i said, not technical). Or maybe its nothing to worry about. Im not worried that it doesnt start first thing, but i am worried if this is doing any damage.

g

VW Potato

Hi Viv! Hope youre well.

Itll do it regardless of the amount of fuel in it - the weather/temp seems to determine when its going to be a grumpy guts or start first time.

g

ah bless the little grumpy Clio..... mine always refuses to start when Ive been looking at another car :confused:

Sorry I cant answer the technical Q...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

There was a thread about the immobiliser code not being read properly, hence the failure to start (no fuel going to engine).

Could be that ?

Apparently its a f**ked sensor that causes this.

I did of course ask Renault to look at this at my service and to my surprise they couldnt find anything.

ClioSport 182

Ive been following this thread (and other threads on a similar topic) and I have summarised the list of possible faults which have been put forward so far:

- Immobiliser code problem

- F**ked sensor

- ECU needs a reset

It would seem that quite a few people share this same problem. However I dont know of anyone who has a definitive solution as yet. I am reluctant to return it to Reno since they will probably do more harm than good. Maybe its just me but I have noticed that I get more success starting first time if I turn the key quicker (once the lights on the panel have gone out). Sounds stupid but seems to have a positive effect ...

KnightAzul

KnightAzul

soon to be a 200

My 172 has been in for the same prob and so far they have replaced

2 fuel pumps

tdc sensor

ecu

injector code

and guess what it does not start first time

Oh dear! :( Doesnt sound too good then!! :(

Mine only does it occasionally and it does seem to sometimes relate to the weather - if it gets hot it struggles!!