ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Radio Turns Itself Off

Clio Privilege
A couple of strange things are happening with our Clio (2005 Privilege). First I noticed that when I went to start the car the display with the temperature and clock didn't come on. Now we've also discovered that the radio and CD turns itself off after about 20 minutes. It gives a beep and then turns off. When you turn it back on, the radio and the temperature and the clock display all come on together. The temperature and the clock display no longer come on independent of the radio. Can anyone help ? Perhaps one of us has accidentally changed "advanced settings?" .... or does it need re-programming ?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
That normally happens if you have the radio on without the ignition on... to stop you leaving it on and draining the battery i presume... but I don't have a clue why its doing it if the car is running.

172 Ph1
Radio puts out the info to display, if no display , radio at fault.
Radio turns off after 20 mins , poss a fuse : the after ignition circuit fuse maybe blown. If all is ok then I'm afraid the head unit is at fault.

Clio 172 Ph2
I had this problem and it was the fuse. Try your lighter power scoket and if that is not working its defo the fuse as they are connected ;)

Clio Privilege
Thank you very much everybody ! It's fixed !!! Problem was that a 5 cent piece had been accidentally dropped into the cigarette lighter socket (which is used occasionally for an FM connection for an IPOD). Looks like the coin has shorted the cigarette lighter and blown the fuse. We figured if the radio was working with that fuse blown, then pulling out the blown fuse was not going to lose the codes, and it didn't. There was a spare fuse in the box, easily fixed.

? unusual that the radio still operated with the blown fuse. Must have a facility to operate from one source of power or another. Pretty smart !

Thanks again.