ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Randomly Cutting Out

it seems when my 1.2 16v clio is stationary it cuts out from time to time. when i stop at lights or get out the car and leave it running it occasionly just cuts out. anyone have any idea what this might be? the revs are at 8000 which i thought was a little low but i was assured thats what they sit at. its booked into renault for friday just thought id ask.

Whitey

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Chris3125 on 05 June 2005

it seems when my 1.2 16v clio is stationary it cuts out from time to time. when i stop at lights or get out the car and leave it running it occasionly just cuts out. anyone have any idea what this might be? the revs are at 8000 which i thought was a little low but i was assured thats what they sit at. its booked into renault for friday just thought id ask.

Whitey
8000 is a little high! 800 me thinks you mean

DC5

Fuel?

Could possibly be a lack of fuel getting through. May be the fuel pump or something?

Not a mechanic so dont quote me on that.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

your idle speed at 800rpm is ok

have you had any warning lights?

if your problem is only at idle then i would suggest cleaning out the trottle body with carb cleaner first. you will need to remove the inlet manifold and then the throttle body from the manifold. the butterfly can be pushed open so you can clean it fully.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member

Hi i dont know what kind of mileage your clio is on but if the thottle body cleaning doesnt work it could be down to the wrong specifaction of spark plugs if you take the plugs out there is a number on the side E.g. 4G if the number is lower than this its the wrong plug.

well just got the car back from renault and it seems it was the thottle body that needed cleaning. car has 19,000 on it. seems to be running fine now :)

thanks for the help lads