ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio relative lap times

Not bad considering the competition.

Fabia vrs and mini were as expected, c2 gt and sportka must corner on rails to do those times cos neither are particularly quick

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 25 November 2004

lol.. different drivers, different weather.... not worth the code its written in..
? - Did you read it? Theyre all dry times.

Accept the different drivers bit - but youre primarily talking about Martin Brundle, Needell & Mark Hayles for the majority of the times who are all "competent". Its not like I recorded the Clio time & Brundle did the Civic (i.e. not the usual huge differences in ability that are usually the case "no wonder the civic beat the clio " etc etc).

VaVa

No, I didnt read it... was at working at the time, so only skimmed over it:oops:.

Some interesting results actually.... Im not sure what kind of track Anglesey is, but some of the times do seem odd .

Theres nearly a second between the CTR and the 182, yet the 182 is only 0.5 of a second quicker than a C2 GT.....

I would have expected that to have been the other way round!! i.e 0.5 of a second between the CTR and the 182 and the 182 a second ahead of the C2.

The only difference is in the driver, if thats who was driving it. I cant imagine Tiff Needle doing the hot lap on a Ducati 999.....

I cant see a Z4 3.0 going faster than a Impreza WR1 either, having driven both. Mind you, that comes from a mortal. Brundle has more skill in his socks than Ive got in my whole body!!

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 26 November 2004

No, I didnt read it... was at working at the time, so only skimmed over it:oops:.

The only difference is in the driver, if thats who was driving it. I cant imagine Tiff Needle doing the hot lap on a Ducati 999.....
....you didnt read it again did you ;)

"most" of the times are from needles & co - but there are others on there. If you saw the 5th Gear episode where he & VBH went to Donny on a bike track day youd know it definately wasnt his time on the Duke. I do agree some of them are suprising results though.

He put the list together to check how Caterhams fared - not exact science but a reasonable indication Id guess.

Anglesey is fairly tight but there are some sufficiently long straight bits for power to make a difference.

http://www.angleseycircuit.com/circuit.htmhttp://www.angleseycircuit.com/circuit.htm.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Jason C on 26 November 2004

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 26 November 2004

....you didnt read it again did you ;)
Er... yes. the list says Ducati 999 - 5th gear. Then the legend at the bottom says "5th gear - Needell" No mention of most of the times being done by him.

IIRC...i think it was a motorcycle journo by the name of Kev Smith who set the time on the Duke 999. Having seen Needells in action on a bike before its fairly apparent it wasnt him riding when that time was set!!

172beast

If its a short short twisty track, not suprised the Sport Ka is only a second off 182 pace, Sport Ka handles awesome, just hasnt got the power but it wouldnt need much on a short twisty track, doubt the Sport Ka is much slower then a off cam 182 anyway, by time 182 came on cam itd be time to brake for the next corner, assuming it is a twisty track.