ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 182 details

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Whats everyone moaning about, your getting a better car with the best from every model if you like

Your getting the best bits from the 172 + the best bits from the Cup, and adding some more HP for the same price ?

Seems like a great idea to me.

Quote: Originally posted by Klang1.6 on 21 November 2003

but kind of makes the cup pointless a bit
Not if you still enjoy your car. Besides, the bits to make it to 182 will no doubt be freely available.

dk

911 GTS Cab

It sounds to me like its all Cup owners that are saying the 182 isnt all that special and could this be because they are jealous that you will be able to buy the best of both worlds soon, the speed and extras of the Cup entwined with the luxury of the 172 making their Cup not so special anymore?

Maybe I am being a cynic, but thats what it sounds like to me?

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 21 November 2003

It sounds to me like its all Cup owners that are saying the 182 isnt all that special and could this be because they are jealous that you will be able to buy the best of both worlds soon, the speed and extras of the Cup entwined with the luxury of the 172 making their Cup not so special anymore?

That could be true in some cases, but as most Cup owners end up modding their cars anyway and the 182 and 172 engines will goto the same power when modded, the Cups always going to me more attractive in the enthusiasts eye I rekon. Cant wait to see if a 182 can run a low 14 standard (stripped) which in theory it should do easily.... doubt it tho.

And thats where all the arguments will start (and mark my words, they will!). :sleep:

Its not why i am saying it, i only think reno made this car is to get show room points, like the GTI 180, if i got a choice between a cup and a 182 i would choose the cup, every time! maybe a 182 cup is in the pipe line, then i may be jelous, but by then mi cup will prob have over 180bhp neway.

I just get this feelin that this a desperate atempt to stay at the top of the hot hatch tree, this aint a bad thing but if the 180 gti wasnt made i dnt think the 182 would have

I myself dont see what the fuss is all about. The 172 has been around for sometime now (we are on the mk2) so dont people think the engine is in need of an upgrade. ok 10ps is not a lot. As for the suspension setup well if Renault can improve it, why cant they. I myself are made up renault keep improving this little hot hatch. It shows that it has the "evo" driver in mind. After all how many times have Porsche brought out a improved 996 model 911. And can anyone list all the different Imprezaa and Lancers that have been made. (including Jap models)

Well thats what i think anyway.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

have to agree with that statement for the majority.

Its still not as quick as the cup (3/10ths quicker according to Renault, 7.1 0-60) and will be several thousand pounds more expensive and have gay wheels. Im not jealous at all.

Clio v6

My post above is also totally off topic now that jpmad4it2s has been removed. Please delete mine as it now looks silly.

Many thanks.

A 182 has just arrived here for photography in the Racing Blue - looks fantastic, the colours is very similar to the blue used on the old Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo. Slight change of spec, the Cup suspension option now has wheels with the same offset as normal suspension, though they are still grey in colour

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 27 November 2003

My post above is also totally off topic now that jpmad4it2s has been removed. Please delete mine as it now looks silly.

Many thanks.

jeez - sorry - I did say in the pm reply that I was gonna delete his comment - sorry !!!

"very similar to the blue used on the old Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo."

which blue is it?, think they did about 3/4 different blues on coupe

dave

no, quite dispointed.

went to get curry at 8pm, on saturday night, turn the key, engine turned over then died, flat battery. went down to local car parts place, got new battery, everything fine now, battery just came to end of its life. time got it fitted it, road tested car, ect, wasnt worth going up to crail, be there for the first in one in feb.

did you do a ran up to crail?

dave

ps- had wee blast past a keen young 1.2 clio driver today(going for it), up a slip road, all over in a few seconds, but still enjoyable.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Quote: Originally posted by Klang1.6 on 21 November 2003

Its not why i am saying it, i only think reno made this car is to get show room points, like the GTI 180, if i got a choice between a cup and a 182 i would choose the cup, every time! maybe a 182 cup is in the pipe line, then i may be jelous, but by then mi cup will prob have over 180bhp neway.

I just get this feelin that this a desperate atempt to stay at the top of the hot hatch tree, this aint a bad thing but if the 180 gti wasnt made i dnt think the 182 would have

This made me laugh! How can you say youd choose 1 car over another when youve not driven the other car?!?!? Sounds like your a blinkered Cup owner to me, whys your cup gonna have over 180bhp?

In reality, .1 or .2 of a second is irrelevant, it is the driver that makes the difference. People get far too strung out on this 0-60 figure.

On modern roads these days, it is the mid range torque that is the important factor. When you cant get past the sunday driver, that is what I find most frustrating, and as long as the car has the grunt to get past it, thats what I figure as important.

From what I see, both of these cars will do that, but one will do it in a more plush surrounding than the other.

It comes down to the size of your wallet at the end of the day!