ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio rs 197

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It has the cup chassis and Recaros which are a bonus, are the recaros ripped?

I'd not bother with it as I'd want climate control and xenons, but if you want it, make sure it has decent service history including belts, check for a crunching gearbox above 5k from 3rd to 4th gears.

Check when the brakes were last serviced as the pins seize, need cutting out and cost £40-60 (can't remember which) to replace. Per side.

Look for a blue and orange dot on the front suspension to double check it has the cup chassis and not just painted parts.

RS Clio 182
I can't remember to be honest.
I think I'll do the check list you've provided and if it doesn't live up to those expectations I'll walk. I'm a bit hesitant of it anyway.
Thanks for the quick reply and for your help.

Clio 197
Seems like its had a hefty price drop , unless thats just marketing BS.
Its worth a look, although for that price with recaros i think i will be due (overdue) a cambelt change. Could be a nice 197 though, the advert is pretty un-informative (as they tend to be from garages)

Clio 200t
Sunroof is a decent option to have and not very common on them!

On the picture they have cut out the picture just above the lower bolster, which could suggest there is some wear there, but unworn recaros are becoming rarer day by day lol.

Also they've said they are black wheels when they're anthracite, which made me chuckle.

RS Clio 182
I think the price drop is so drastic because it's been on their forecourt for ages. I drive past it from time to time and it's always there. Thanks for the input though, I appreciate it.

Clio 197
Worth a look if it's nice and local to you. Check the exhaust for blowing around the manifold area , the flexis can go there and whilst not the end of the world, they are a bit of a pain to remove and replace.