ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RSi Track Toy

2007 Clio 197
Hi all,

I have a Clio RSi 2001, I did my first track day in it the other day really enjoyed it. I am not looking into adding any power really whatsoever, im happy with the amount of grunt its got, I fully serviced it the other day inc cambelt, plugs, filters, full synth oil, and it produced 112bhp on the rolling road, not bad for a completely unmodified engine I thought. However, I do want to improve the handling somewhat, and id welcome your suggestions/ideas to what I have done/going to do to make it handle and stop better.

• Eibach Pro springs -15mm already fitted
  • Rear seats, parcel shelf, sound deadening, rear speakers etc removed
  • 286mm front big brake kit from K-Tec.
  • 15" OZ F1 wheels from 172, as 286mm will foul on the 14" standard alloys
  • Braided brake lines
  • Uprated alloy suspension top mounts
  • Full poly bushs replacement
  • Possibly some new Eibach pro dampers?
Do you think the above will make a decent upgrade to the car?

Clio RSI 1.6
The setup is pretty perfect on 'em already, start changing stuff doesn't really make much of a difference, I found when I started changing stuff the handling felt worse at high speeds. Weight loss always a good movie, though.

Black Clio GT
i would go with koni adjustable kit and lower to about 35mm and a rear arb so you have more adjustability for road and track and get the geo set up and corner weighted then play around with tyre pressures/shock stiffness until your happy with a set up that suits your style of driving.