ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RSi vs 306 Xsi

I had the 16V XSI (basically the S16 as was) and a GTI-6.

The GTi 6 was quicker but i preferred the XSI. It did everything very well without being too stiffly sprung. It did roll a bit too much tho.

Loads of problems with it though.

Id put the GTI in about late 6s early 7s to 60, and the XSI about 7.5 to 8. (never timed them though).

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

The Gti 6 is bloody fast. My mate had one untill he wrote it off, by landing it on a beach. He had cams and remap on it and it was pin your arse through the seat quick. Was tested at 203bhp. But they are very heavy. Like a tank.

i reckon, no i know ;), my RSi would have an xsi. Im currently pushin out 136.5bhp @ 5982rpm and 126.7 lb/ft @5239rpm torque. All figures proven. :D

a well driven RSi will stick with a valver till about 50. Ive had a valver, Rsi, GTi-6 and driven a xsi (16v) many times and would say the XSi would have it. Wouldnt piss all over it though by any stretch of the imagination.

RT vs 2.0td was mensioned someware. ive got an RT with a full system exhaust and decat and k&N(probably reducing power, lol). the pug doesnt keep up at all, but ive heard they can be tuned quite a bit.

don't

hmmm ur tempting me to try and get a gti-6 as nxt car now

was looking maybe at 106 gti but gti-6 could be another 1

both can be bought for same kind of prices

got prob 3.5k to spend really, maybe alittle more

insurance though, gti grp 13?? gti-6 grp 15??

hmmmm opinions??

looking for that, push u back in ur seat effect

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 11 January 2005
must have been some pug that mate! did it have any stickers on it? ;)

Nope, just the Xsi badge. It was more than capable of carrying as much speed through country lane twisties, as the CTR. Im not saying its anywhere near as quick outright, but its a superb handling car, and you can actually feel the road through the steering wheel - unlike in the CTR.

Quote: Originally posted by Dr G on 11 January 2005

i reckon, no i know ;), my RSi would have an xsi. Im currently pushin out 136.5bhp @ 5982rpm and 126.7 lb/ft @5239rpm torque. All figures proven. :D
you reckon do you? Well seeing as you have modded yours ill race you in mine with a gti-6 manifold and striaght through system and new engine work to have nearly the same performance as a 6 :)

Seeing as you have a modded one and mine is modded should be fair ay ;)

don't

hmmm insurance

106 gti 12 months fully comp = £586

gti-6 12 months fully comp = £677

thats for a 20 yr old with 2 yrs no claims

not a great deal in it, take it the 106 would be slightly quicker though

want something that kind of pace, hmmm

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 12 January 2005

hmmm insurance

106 gti 12 months fully comp = £586

gti-6 12 months fully comp = £677

thats for a 20 yr old with 2 yrs no claims

not a great deal in it, take it the 106 would be slightly quicker though

want something that kind of pace, hmmm

i would pick a 6 all day long and i love the 106 but the 6 is in a league of its own and that insurence is amzing im 20 with 3 years no claims and i pay £650 third party for a xsi!!!

don't

quotes are with elephant

with admiral at moment, so same company

£611 to insure a punto GT for a year fully comp

quotes are based on 2 accidents in O2 1 at fault for

2 yrs no claims, 20 yrs old, gd area, low mileage, 2 older females on policy with full no claims

wouldnt mind a bigger car so will have to take a close look

never driven anything faster than my rsi so gti and gti-6, much difference in how u feel the power? pushed back in2 the seat? torque?

want to feel the power

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 12 January 2005

quotes are with elephant

with admiral at moment, so same company

£611 to insure a punto GT for a year fully comp

quotes are based on 2 accidents in O2 1 at fault for

2 yrs no claims, 20 yrs old, gd area, low mileage, 2 older females on policy with full no claims

wouldnt mind a bigger car so will have to take a close look

never driven anything faster than my rsi so gti and gti-6, much difference in how u feel the power? pushed back in2 the seat? torque?

want to feel the power
i have been in many 6s and believe me you will feel the power from every gear with the close gear ratios its so quick through the gears and it pulls all the way past 130mhp due to you having a 6th gear! I the 106gti is a nice car also and is very quick but after 100mhp i dont think it has as much as the 6 has. Also inside the 6 is a lot more spacius and looks nicer IMO

Clio 182

Get the 306 Dave, better in every way IMHO. Will batter most things over 70 too, including valvers, 172s etc etc