ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RSi

Megane Coupe/Clio RSi
New car!
ok so it's practically the same as my old Megane. Same engine, same computer, same interior etc. but it's nearly 500kilos lighter. It's a 2000 Clio RSi 1.6. It needs a bit of TLC but I love it. A lot more body roll than the Megane and tyre squeals like a b**ch but it's so much quicker. 72k miles, 9 months MOT and 2 months tax, going to stick my private plate on it once the DVLA sends me back the V5.
[/url]
[/url]
Well no new pictures but some progress. Got clear bulbs and repeaters, clear indicator bulbs, xenon-type bulbs for the bi-optic headlights, new grill, new alloys, new head unit, new floor mats, Clio Sport door handles and gear knob, new wing mirror, sunroof has been resealed (they all leak and creak).

Getting the scratches taken out this weekend, then going to get the strips and bumpers colour coded. Just ordered some new strips (from the facelift and some chrome side badges like the 182). Need to fit a full Alpine speaker system (no amps, just the HU for the timebeing), fit the display and stalk adapter, trying to get hold of a 172/182 steering wheel, need to clean up the leather seats.

Got a couple of things to consider, it's got an induction kit on it atm (Pipercross) and been told it'll be running w**k and hot due to where it is. Might just stick a couple of cold air feeds into it but I'll need a decent splitter for that. Then going to get it lowered, not sure how to go. 45mm on standard shocks, 60mm on shocks and springs, or maybe a cheap coilover set (Jamex but I'm doubting this). It has uprated suspension as standard but it's sitting far too high, and as it's only on 15's I'm doubting 45mm will be enough. Decisions, decisions! Also need some side skirts, it looks ridiculous without any.

I got the alloys brand new from Renault, should be £115+VAT each without tyres. Managed to get them for £125 with 4 new Renault centre caps. One of the alloys split on me last week pulling out of BP on Skerton. No pothole, nothing in the road, could have been nasty. They were cheap 172 replicas so I doubt they were high quality.
Also got a new exhaust for it, it's off the Clio 197 and Twingo 133 direct from Renault, should have been £256+VAT. Got it for a nice price!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
plans sound good to me bud

for lowering i would sugest you go for the 60mm on shocks at least quitea few people go 40 but then get bored and end up going the 60 anyway ... imo it also looks a lot better than the 40