ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RT 1.4 Mk2 Ph1 running problem! Please help!

Mk2 ph1 Clio rt
Hi i am new to the forum and ive read a few threads people seem nice an very helpful!
So as the title says i have a running problem!
I have an electrical fault light on the dash which stays on from start till the car is switched off
Now there was an alternator problem when i bought the car
i changed alternator and battery they work fine now
took off the air filter, map sensor was broken, unplugged and vacuum connector snapped!
Even the vacuum hose was taped up :/
changed that to a new sensor connected it properly and still the problem exists!!
Me and a friend even put the sensor from his mk1 ph1 clio rt on my car, the light went out and it ran fine!
could it be my sensor is still defective altough its new?
i didnt drive the car with my friends sensor on i just started the car an ran it for few mins
so with the car running with my map sensor etc the car runs fine from start with the electrical fault light on
then after a few mins of driving it will suddenly bog down lose power and drive really slow and sound loud like a diesel the engine rocks alot at that state and wont idle properly wanting to stall!
but also it suddenly kicks back in and drives fine again and does this at over again at random times?
and the temp gauge read perfectly normal! Ran redex no change!
could this be because of my key? Because also the battery was dead and the button in the key is broken
i did change the battery but now the button is broken i cannot use it to unlock the car only the key itself! Grr
the immobiliser light turns off when started, flashes wen off and solid after 2 clicks before you twist to start!
ive also changed air filter to a k&n with cold air feed
changed ignition coil packs, spark plugs and leads to new ones!
im lost to what the problem is!! Any help welcome!