ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio running rough on startup? Abit of advice needed.

Clio 1.4 16v
Hi, new member to the forum, hope every1 is doing good! And could advise me on a problem with my clio.

right the problem is when I start the car up it just wants to cut out with a violent shake of the gear lever and eventually the whole car starts to shake until it dies unless it's revved up quite hard and then it will idle low at around 500rpm.

when approaching a junction it will just cut out, I would say it has not lost any power so I'm thinking it's not the coils, also when I unplug each one it has an effect on the engine like a misfire.

iv already cleaned the tdc sensor, new air filter and plugs, (whilst doing this I managed to knock a sensor out and turn on my engine light unluckily)
my next thought was the throttle body, today I loosened off the intake manifold to find I didn't have the right star socket to continue, anyways I started it up and it seemed to run better, as I pulled on the manifold it revved up a little and started to idle at just under 1000rpm, I reversed the car and put my clutch in and it also stayed running.
i just slightly nipped them all up and the problem came back after 30 seconds of running.

Is this because it has more air? I'm Assuming the throttle body is absolutely full of s**t, hence my problem with stalling all the time?

could anybody give me some advice? Have you had this problem and fixed it? Any help would be very great.
thanks

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Clean the throttle body firstly then start suspecting the fuel injectors.