ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio- should i buy one???

hi folks just joined minutes ago! reasson i joined is i think i am going to buy my self a clio :) i have had 8 cars and i am only 19!!! i dont no what it is but i reckon a clio would hold my attention, i am looking at 1.2 dynamique bout an 03/04 plate...

basicly wondering good or bad move and good and bad points to clio's?

cheers scotty :D

AHD

Ford Focus ST
the dynamique is a good car, i had a 1.2, and it drove well and has nice electrics in it, maybe try out the 1.4, see if there is any difference to the 1.2,

certainly enjoyed driving my clio

SLK 350
Personally i'd try and stretch to a 1.4 16v if you want something thats fairly swift. Great cars though, very agile, very good for town and motorway alike. Cheap to insure and fairly good spec and safety.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
ozzyo99 said:
Personally i'd try and stretch to a 1.4 16v if you want something thats fairly swift. Great cars though, very agile, very good for town and motorway alike. Cheap to insure and fairly good spec and safety.
agreed. I got a 1.2 and if it ever starts to bore me I just need to run down some country roads then the smile comes back :D

I don't post here very often these days, but am doing so to recommend the Dynamique.

I used to have a proper performance cars (including a Clio 16V, Williams and Ph2 172) but have been cold turkey since just after Christmas due to city centre living and no parking.

My other half and I now share her basic 60bhp 1.2 - and the difference between that and my parents' 1.2 16v Dynamique is *massive*. I do appreciate it's only 15bhp, but my last car was 300+bhp and I can assure you that am qualified to comment on how much better than Dynamique drives than the basic 1.2. Seventy-five bhp makes it no ball of fire, but if you appreciate driving as opposed to just power, then this is an excellent little hatch.

Without getting silly about 15bhp, it's mainly about the better suspension, kit and smoothness of the Dynamique. Essentially, it has the same interior as my 172 did, just without the part leather. My parents went for the "Cool Pack", i.e. climate, a/c and sunroof - well worth looking for.

The 03 models will be the Mk2 Ph2 Clio and the 04 would be a Ph3. The differences are much less pronounced than the Ph1 to Ph2, but they are worth having if you can find a late 04 onwards. My colour of choice would be Nordic Green, which is a subtle and very dark pearlescent green that looks black/blue/gold in the right light.

I've also driven the 1.4 16v Dyamique (95bhp?) and it's actually a respectably nippy little motor, although much rarer than the 1.2 16v due to all the finance deals on the 1.2.

campus sport 1.2 16v
Hi there Scotty, the good thing about clio's is that they look a classy car that's ripe for mods if that's what you decide you wanna do to it ,:approve: