ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio splutters when cold ????

182 FF Cup options
Can someone tell me why my 182 splutters when its cold??? When i get in and start driving when cold the engine like slows down and then clears then slows down then clears..... so on. When it warms up its ok....any ideas anyone???

Is it covered under warrenty???

Dan :dapprove:

hi mate i think the majority of the 172,182 do this mate i just leave my car running for about 2-3 mins before setting of in the morning and it has stopped doing it now..it really use to anoy me as well jkangorring down the road!! lol

FF 182 w/cup packs
Renault are aware of the problem, but i was told that there was no current fix for it, or in other words they can't be ar**d to sort it

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
my 1.4 does it too, to a certain degree. My old megane never did it and that was a P-reg!!!

Megane 230 R26
A common problem as everyone has said but yours does sound worse than normal, so I'd get the garage to check it out...

But yeah, generally for the first minute or so when cold you'll find it seriously underpowered and what I find with mine is the faster to ask it to go, the slower it goes :p I once pulled out into busy traffic when it was cold and needed to put my foot down a bit, was giving it about 75% throttle and the engine was actually slowing down, and refusing to go at all.

It's not so bad when I'm going off to work as I just leave it running for a couple of minutes, but on my days off I give retained cover to my local fire station so I often need the car to go when I get in it! :S

182 FF Cup options
well at least im not on my own. Yeh when i put my foot right down it slows down. Like you all say i have left it running before for a couple of mins and it been fine. Mine does sound worse tho, so i have booked it in the garage for monday. I will let you all know what they say.... hopfully not expensive.....

Renault are aware of the problem, but i was told that there was no current fix for it, or in other words they can't be ar**d to sort it
It depends how bad it is.

Its naturally not superb due to the mapping whixh is for the emmisions laws so not much they can realy do about that.

Ph1
^^^Yeah it just needs the map perfecting fella. I got a bloke to map my smt6 when i had it and he got the idle just spot on. Shame the rest of the map was crap lol

Is this cold splutter not all down to the MAP sensor ???

**Apologies for bumping the thread up

Ph1
So technically if Cliosporters could somehow upgrade the 3 bar would it be possible to eliminate this rough cold running problem??

Surely there's a way to bypass it or upgrade?