ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport 1.4 year 2000

Renault clio sport
Hey all, I'm llew, i'm 19 and recently bought a clio sport 1.4 X reg. I've driven a fair few cars on and off the road but the first time i tried the clio i absolutely loved it, it feels so tight through the corners and has just enough power to have a bit of fun... But, it's not enough, so against the wishes of everyone i know i want to push its limits a tad.

The only problem is i've never worked with modding a petrol engine, i had an old peugeot turbo diesel i had alot of fun messing around with, but with the clio i wouldn't know where to start... the air filter isn't worth touching, spark plugs are immaculate, oil is cleaner than my bedroom, brakes are pretty much new, the only thing i've found is the bushings are seriously worn, and there are a couple advisories for wishbones/suspension arms, so those will have to be swapped out asap. i've serviced the whole engine and nothing needs doing in terms of repairing or replacing, so i suppose it's straight to aftermarket mods/ tuning. Any thoughts ?

view.php

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=28qykaf&s=8#.U70pK_ldXy4

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome along mate, my first clio was a 1.4S as well. As you've figured out don't bother doing anything tuning wise with the engine. Your best route is suspension mods. Some dynamique 15" wheels with good tyres, good shocks and springs and a rear anti roll bar will see you with a car thats a hoot to drive imo. I left the standard calipers and just bought some semi decent pads and flushed new brake fluid in which was fine for the power it had/didnt have!