ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport 172 03 plate stalling at junctions and when I come close to stop

clio sport 172
Can any one help me please , I'm starting it up sometimes it cuts out straight away start it up again then can see the idle dropping right down like it's gonna stall so I have to rev it to stop it , doesn't always happen but happens quiet a lot , it's had a new coil pack and new leads which helped a small bit but then started to not start like the batterie was drained for no a parang reason , had new batterie fitted which helped but I'm still cutting out sometimes when I'm coming to junctions or trying to park up and stop . It's back in the garage again now anyone any clue what could be wrong ?

BG Clio 182 FF
I've just sotred mine today. Was doing the exact same thing. Left alone it would idle happily, but when coming to a stop at a junction or parking it would cut out. Massively frustrating and also a little bit dangerous as you quickly loose servo assistance to the brakes. Anyway, mine was caused by a filthy throttle body.

This was is before:

DSC00278_zps09627943.jpg

DSC00279_zps7af5a164.jpg

After a bit of brake cleaner it came up pretty good.

DSC00281_zps06cb9eea.jpg

Car and myself now both happy :)

Easy to do. Remove the airbox/induction kit and the throttle body is held on by 4 10mm bolts and a connector that unclips.
Emma8023

Can any one help me please , I'm starting it up sometimes it cuts out straight away start it up again then can see the idle dropping right down like it's gonna stall so I have to rev it to stop it , doesn't always happen but happens quiet a lot , it's had a new coil pack and new leads which helped a small bit but then started to not start like the batterie was drained for no a parang reason , had new batterie fitted which helped but I'm still cutting out sometimes when I'm coming to junctions or trying to park up and stop . It's back in the garage again now anyone any clue what could be wrong ?

Who did the timing belt? If it was a local garage then I'm putting money on timing not being correct already.

clio sport 172
I had it done years ago an he done a good job as it's not given me any trouble since he done it. For the past few days my cars been running great for how long it will last though I don't know lol

clio sport 172
Hi thanks for the info , u make it sound so easy to find it and remove it but I'm a woman an don't have a clue about pulling bits off my car haha don't even know we're a throttle body would be but I'll have a look online and see if I can find a diagram thanks for that :)

BG Clio 182 FF