ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 172 Speaker dimentions

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
has anyone here uprated their speakers? i have a 2001 172, so new shape.

i wanted to know the dimentions of the speakers, front door, rear and dash tweeters.

what speakers do people recommend for each positon??? cheers

Renault Clio 172
Are there any tweeters??? I also have Clio year 2002, but on the dashboard, tehere are covers and places for tweeters, but no tweeters in it.

Does anyone know, how to remove these covers? Just tu but the screwdriver under it and push ?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
thought they might b 13cm, but thought it would b easier to ask rather than go taking off the casings just to check!

i have speakers in the top of the dash, i am guessing they are tweeters, they seem to play all my vocals and high tones, so they are either tweeters or mids?!!?

do u reckon i just get uprated doors and rears or buy components and put the tweeters in the dash??

also will components hook up to the orignal stereo system ok?

A4 Avant & A3
I was wondering this exact thing myself.. Looking into buying some new speakers for the Cup.

I take it the front door speakers are just 13cm Full range speakers? not mids? or is it a component set mids in doors & tweeters in dash? Hmmm
I'm a bit reluctant to take the tweeters out to look at as knowing me i'd break something whilst trying. (wouldn't know what to look for anyway :)

So give me a shout if/when you find out anything.
Cheers

remove everything that was installed inthe factory

install new equipment yourself, it is well worth it

dimensions as i remember them

diameter - 130mm
depth - 64mm

tweeters, best access, and recommended access is by removal of the top dash, you'll also sort out the rattles this way, although the speaker grills on the top of the dash can be removed, this is not advised. iirc they measure 20mm, but it's been nearly 2 years since i had a look at any

yes, what makes you thin the 182 is any different to the 172 ???

it's the same car with a couple of minor mods

i'm sure there is an FAQ which people can read on this topic :S