ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 182 Lighting

RenaultSport 182FF
Hi Guys,

I have just joined the cliosport.net forum and also have just sold my first car "03" Clio Dynamique which has now been replaced by an "04" Clio Sport 182, so i thought it would be a good idea to get myself registered on here :)
The base of me joining (but not the only reason in joining, as i would like to feel apart of the clio community) is to find out what what bulbs i would need to make the sidelights on my clios headlights the same colour as the xenons,
I have seen this post by another member which has just done this but i cant find where or what type of bulb they are http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?613897-Arctic-Blue-Clio-182-FF
I would like to also do this for the fog lights on the car and the rear number plate light also,

Help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance

Andrew

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to CS.

Not sure on the legalities of using LED sidelights, but the fitting is 501 or W5W iirc.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Apparently LED Sidelights will not pass an MOT as they're the wrong colour.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
If they're a different colour to the headlights, yes, but if they're the same colour as the headlights (because you have HIDs), most MOT testers won't be too bothered.

If they're red, green, blue e.t.c. then you won't pass, obviously.

RenaultSport 182FF
Great, thanks Guys ill give that a look up and let you know how i get on, will upload pictures if anyone wants ?
Andrew

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
I have from halfords their PRISM bulbs fitted as my sidelights, they are 501 fitment, they come in different colours but I bought white and they are an exact match to the dipped beam that is standard on your clio, it does say not for road use on the pack, but the last 3 MOT's have never said anything as they are a legal colour.

RenaultSport 182FF
Suppose i should update this, again thanks for the help people, i did receive bulbs which took an age to get to me but they didn't actually work, hence the long wait, have ordered some different ones, of argo city as they are always spot on and there customer service is excellent. hope to get photos on in a few weeks, again sorry for the wait

Andrew

RenaultSport 182FF
Yeah that was what the problem was ahah ;) sorry for the real late reply, been very busy,:p although i realise now only online image hosting is capable on cliosport.net, i dont have an account :(