ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 2ltr vs Mondeo 1.8LX

RenaultSport 182
A guy at work won't stop going on about how his Mondeo 1.8LX is faster the a Clio Sport. Now I think he's full of s**t, but he's the type of guy who never shuts up about somthing so after a while it becomes believable.

He struggles to keep up with me at times and am only in a standard 1.4

Any suggestions on how I can shut him up?, any whitty technical stuff I can chuck at him??

tell him his mondeo weighs about the same as a house and a RS clio weighs as much as a slipper :D

A Beautiful R32
Yeah, don't lower yourself, ignore him. If his mondeo was that fast, we'd all have one wouldn't we?! What a prat.

buy a copy of evo magazine, look in the back at the knowledge pages show him that the

2.5 litre mondeo is slower and the 2.4 litre mondeo, st200 and st24 than any of the renaultsport clios which are a couple of pages in front so i doubt his 1.8 would get a look in

Rick-Reid said:
A guy at work won't stop going on about how his Mondeo 1.8LX is faster the a Clio Sport. Now I think he's full of sh*t, but he's the type of guy who never shuts up about somthing so after a while it becomes believable.

He struggles to keep up with me at times and am only in a standard 1.4

Any suggestions on how I can shut him up?, any whitty technical stuff I can chuck at him??

on the net i think u can compare motors ......

fasthatchbacks

enjoy.....:cool:

Half stripped mk2 172
Dude, dont worry bout it, in the end of the day its only a F**kn ford he has.

With all respect to the people who like fords, but i just hate them!!!

Vince

172 cup'd extreme
what kind of person buys a mondeo? its like you buy one for £16000 and 5 years later its worth £2000 , if it was free then yeah !

SLK 350
Ok heres some facts you can quote him fella:

Mondeo 1.8 LX

BHP = 125
Kerb Weight = 1434KG
0-60 = 11.2 Seconds
Top Speed = 124mph

Unofficial = His car handles like a boat.

Renault ClioSport 182:

BHP = 182
Kerb Weight = 1090KG
0-60 = 7.1 Seconds
Top Speed = 139mph

Unofficial = This car eats corners.

Verdict = He would get completely dicked on, and the 0-60 time quoted for the 182 im pretty sure my gran could beat tbh (good 0-60 for a 172/182 would be 6.6+ imo). But his Mondeo has a bigger boot!!!

http://www.carpages.co.uk/guide/renault/renault-clio-renaultsport-182-3dr.asp
http://www.carpages.co.uk/guide/ford/ford-mondeo-1.8i-lx-estate.asp?switched=on&echo=806239518

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Mondeo 1.8 LX

BHP = 125
Kerb Weight = 1434KG
0-60 = 11.2 Seconds
Top Speed = 124mph

About as fast as my 1.2 then (mine has bit quicker 0-60 but a bit slower top end)

RenaultSport 182
Thanks for the help guys. I show the guy this thread thismorning and he's been suitably silenced :D

Cheers all

TDI tyre shreader
where you from buddy? i'll show him how much slower a mundano is compared to a 172