ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF23 Clio Sport Festival 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
I did 2000 miles around France last summer in mine with a decatted non-res K-Tec exhaust and no air-con on french motorways with a 80mph speed limit... I think that trip gave me tinnitus and took at least a year off my life but it's just about survivable 😅 I'm sure you'll manage the days travel!
Were doing it over 3 days I think. Leaving Kent Friday eve aiming to book a B&B around Wrexham get up Sat and drive in via the Mountsin roads. Booked a Air b&b near Anglesey Sat night so we can get pissed and enjoy Sat night Sunday up for breakfast and head to Donnington for touring cars then back home Sunday eve

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I did 2000 miles around France last summer in mine with a decatted non-res K-Tec exhaust and no air-con on french motorways with a 80mph speed limit... I think that trip gave me tinnitus and took at least a year off my life but it's just about survivable 😅 I'm sure you'll manage the days travel!
Aye mine's decat non rest Ktec stealth but with a 182 manifold. I never thought that a manifold would make it much louder but it did. It definitely did 😭

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Aye mine's decat non rest Ktec stealth but with a 182 manifold. I never thought that a manifold would make it much louder but it did. It definitely did 😭
Mines decanted pms byt I'm hoping I can afford both a pms manifold and sports cat before Anglesey

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Were doing it over 3 days I think. Leaving Kent Friday eve aiming to book a B&B around Wrexham get up Sat and drive in via the Mountsin roads. Booked a Air b&b near Anglesey Sat night so we can get pissed and enjoy Sat night Sunday up for breakfast and head to Donnington for touring cars then back home Sunday eve
Ah well if it's three days then it's even better, you'll be perfectly fine with that mileage spread out. Just make sure your windows can open and you'll be reet!

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a 182 manifold on mine too, so I can share the pain 🤣 thankfully the phase1 gearing is slightly longer so it's not completely at max revs all day 😅

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm torn between doing the 700 mile round trip in the 182 Cup track car as that's what I'd like to bring to a Clio Festival or just enjoy the R26 still a Renaultsport
I've driven both a track prepped Clio and a R26 around there. Both perform really well but if the R26 has relatively road friendly suspension and geo I would definitely accept the suffering and take the 182.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Do as this man says

I had to wear earplugs in the Clio to Blyton and it's only an hour and a half. Gives me a headache at 75mph with a constant "BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"
Noise cancelling ear phones with brown noise for the whole journey so you can really zone in on all the little vibrations that shouldn't be there

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Against the highway code, not sure if it's illegal

@Sunglasses_Ron can you arrest this man pls, he's far too sexy for his age
I was going to tag him when I found I had committed an offense tbh. Love to be cuffed and roughed up a bit by Ron.

I wore noise cancelling headphones all the way to Poland, most relaxing drive I've ever had in the Clio tbh

It was the best modification I have ever done to any car! s**t box to less s**t box with a press of a button.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Couldn't think of anything worse than driving with noise cancelling headphones on. Up there with driving with a hood up.

Completely lose any sense of what's going on around you
I can't hear anything over the rattles and exhaust at motorway speeds anyway, makes zero difference in my car 😂
I don't bother around town though, but they're absolutely necessary on a long drive. And cheaper than replacing the chavvy exhaust 👌

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Couldn't think of anything worse than driving with noise cancelling headphones on. Up there with driving with a hood up.

Completely lose any sense of what's going on around you
I am exactly the same but you get used to it very quickly, plus at motorway speeds I can't hear much other than my car rattling away!

Most headphones have a pass through mode, not tried it yet but would be nice to cancel the tyre noise but keep the horns.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I can't see any sense in dumbing down one of your primary senses that's key to driving safely on the road.

Deal with and accept the noise your loud exhaust makes, or don't have a loud exhaust if it's a bit too much for you?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I can't see any sense in dumbing down one of your primary senses that's key to driving safely on the road.

Deal with and accept the noise your loud exhaust makes, or don't have a loud exhaust if it's a bit too much for you?
Its not even the exhaust, its the near sold engine mounts, silly loud tyres. If you can't hear anything anyway what difference does saving your hearing make? I think it takes the mini from its current dB to something more like the Lexus in terms of cabin noise and what you can hear outside the car so not missing much. To Blyton I ran them on low and it pretty much just removed the drone.... the music on top removed everything else though :ROFLMAO:

Same on bikes, I initially hated wearing ear plugs but now couldn't do a long journey without them otherwise you get off with ringing ears half deaf anyhow. Round town, A roads etc I wouldn't but for a 5 hour+ journey all on the motorway largely at night where you spot headlights way before you hear something it makes zero difference to my ability to not hear anything.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

It's really not a primary sense when all you can hear is AAAAAAARRRRRGGH for several hours at a time. I can't even hear sirens at motorway speeds so god only knows what else I'm supposed to be listening out for 😂

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Against the highway code, not sure if it's illegal

@Sunglasses_Ron can you arrest this man pls, he's far too sexy for his age

I don’t know if any specific offence but I suppose it could be considered driving without due car or attention if it’s affecting someone ability. It’s not something I’ve ever come across though.

It's no different to driving a luxury barge with double glazed windows and a ton of sound deadening?
I could barely hear trucks passing me on the motorway in the Lexus, it wasnt exactly dangerous, just more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.