ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF23 ClioSport Festival 2023 - Book Tickets Now!

S24NRC

ClioSport Club Member
  RS197
Yeah I've been hounding him for snaps, ha. Are you from around there? Seen his flickr is a lot of stuff around N Wales/NW England

We're from Chester, so frequently use North Wales as a playground in the Clio/GR. First time we've been Anglesey circuit for some reason though.

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
I'd also like to say a massive thanks to the Admin team for all the work it must've taken to organise this whole thing!

This was my first CSF and my first time on track so I was a bit apprehensive, but it was a great time. Aside from blowing the spark plug out of cylinder 2 on the third lap of the morning session, which wasn't ideal... thankfully @Chode Lint had a spare plug and lead which he kindly let me borrow and meant I got back on track for the afternoon session. Also thanks to @Sunglasses_Ron for pointing me in Kyle's direction, although surprisingly your advice of "you'll probably find Kyle near where-ever there's food" didn't turn out to be true this time around :LOL:

One minor thing: To the monster camped near me who managed to snore so loudly that I could hear him through my ear plugs and over the noise of the wind/rain on both nights; please go to a doctor, it surely can't be healthy to snore at the volume all night long. I was very close to putting a tent peg through your head at one point I won't lie...

Other than that, it was a great time all round, even though my social battery ran out by about 7pm on the Saturday so I avoided all social gatherings like the plague lol

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'd also like to say a massive thanks to the Admin team for all the work it must've taken to organise this whole thing!

This was my first CSF and my first time on track so I was a bit apprehensive, but it was a great time. Aside from blowing the spark plug out of cylinder 2 on the third lap of the morning session, which wasn't ideal... thankfully @Chode Lint had a spare plug and lead which he kindly let me borrow and meant I got back on track for the afternoon session. Also thanks to @Sunglasses_Ron for pointing me in Kyle's direction, although surprisingly your advice of "you'll probably find Kyle near where-ever there's food" didn't turn out to be true this time around :LOL:

One minor thing: To the monster camped near me who managed to snore so loudly that I could hear him through my ear plugs and over the noise of the wind/rain on both nights; please go to a doctor, it surely can't be healthy to snore at the volume all night long. I was very close to putting a tent peg through your head at one point I won't lie...

Other than that, it was a great time all round, even though my social battery ran out by about 7pm on the Saturday so I avoided all social gatherings like the plague lol
Nah I didn't eat until lunchtime so that's why people couldn't find me

I was wasting away so when I turned sideways I went invisible👀 I was gonna drop you a message and ask if your car was still sound after that ordeal lol

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Nah I didn't eat until lunchtime so that's why people couldn't find me

I was wasting away so when I turned sideways I went invisible👀 I was gonna drop you a message and ask if your car was still sound after that ordeal lol
I did have a hard time finding you, clearly that was why 😲

Weirdly the car was absolutely spot on after that joyful experience, blasted around track and made the long journey back up north with no problems at all! Thanks again for the plug lead, once I’ve acquired a new set I’ll send yours back right away 😅

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I did have a hard time finding you, clearly that was why 😲

Weirdly the car was absolutely spot on after that joyful experience, blasted around track and made the long journey back up north with no problems at all! Thanks again for the plug lead, once I’ve acquired a new set I’ll send yours back right away 😅
I've got a set of genuine HT leads if you need some. Drop me a pm and they're yours mate

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Evening folks, hope you are well.

Erm... I'm not really sure there is much more I can add that hasn't already been said. But, you know me, I'll try... :ROFLMAO:

Firstly, thanks to Team CSF for yet another great event. You really knocked it out of the park with this one. I love Anglesey as a place and a circuit so was both surprised and happy it was this years' venue... and hopefully will continue to be so for a good few years to come. My thanks to each and every one of the team, including Alfie and Stanners as well of course, who delivered well in excess of what their numbers suggested! Superb effort all round.

In addition, I think the Circuit and their staff were superb too - from the track, to catering, to admin. All very welcoming and accommodating in my experience. The cafe has always been one of the better ones in my experience and I'm glad to see that this is still the case. As for the circuit itself, it's the first time I've been around it as a passenger so it was great to be able to take in the views during the course of the day - and they were pretty spectacular thanks to the good fortune and change in weather on Saturday!

I can only echo what has already been said; this is a fantastic club and that is testament to its members and those that run it. I can't think of any other forum-based/borne club that has flourished, and continues to do so, like this one. So many good people (despite how bell-endish their online personas may seem!) :ROFLMAO: Bravo!

I took all my high-end camera gear with a view (fnar, fnar) to getting some photos of members on track this year... but I failed. Miserably. I wasn't really in the mood and wanted to spend the time amongst friends and in the passenger seats of anyone stup- kind enough to let me join them. As a result, I spent most of the day in and out of various cars and, when not on track, I spent every moment chatting with new and old faces alike. I would go ahead and mention them all but... well... we'd be here all night and I would no doubt forget one or tw- twelve people, too. That said, there are a few mentions I'd like to make.

Andy @Filters and HighRow Motorsport for the laps in the Clio Cup Racer. That was awesome. Andy has long been a friend and "lemon meringue run" buddy of mine, and it was nice to be chauffeured around by him for a change! ;) Thanks mate!

Thanks to James (Stone Automotive) for a couple of sessions in the 172 Cup and the chat / catch-up.

Thanks to @Sash - bestest hugs EVER! And lovely to chat with you for a wee while, too.

Thanks to @MarkCup for the laps in the Cayman and, indeed, to the members of the Gentlemen's Club for allowing me to join them (for conversation and a throughly enjoyable session on the track!) Thanks chaps, pleasure to see you again (or for the first time) and to speak to you throughout the day.

As said, there are so many good people I spoke to on the day and I apologise for not mentioning you all; but thanks for taking time out to chat and/or take the pish. All good.

Finally, big thanks to @Rojer for being a bro' and all round good egg. He's a gent and good friend who has been helping me through a bit of a rough time over the last 18 months or so! Great to see you as always mate and I hope Chris enjoyed the drive out in the GT4 (and MarkCup for that matter!)

The only real downer was realising I'd smashed one of my alloys when I cleaned the car when I got home (probably on one of the flooded back roads when travelling to/from the circuit). Hopefully it should repair ok as it certainly hasn't affected the handling. Oh, and the carbon bucket seat side bolster has also snapped off on the driver side so that will need fixing under warranty as well. I hope!

Roll on the next one.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
@SharkyUK - I saw that scuff (NSF?) not long after lunch. I almost said something but I thought “if he’s hit that on the way here, he won’t want to talk about it” 😂😂

I didn't even realise at that point mate, but it does suggest I did it that Saturday morning on my way to the circuit from my friend's place. As I think I mentioned to a few people, the heavy rain we had overnight had caused flooded roads where I was staying and there were deep puddles and it was difficult to judge where the edge of the road was in places (tight Welsh back roads). I had to take a diversion as well due to a farmer blocking the road due to their being a 2.5 foot deep flood where I wanted to go! It's strange that the tyre was not even marked/scuffed and the rim protection on those tyres obviously do f**k all... LOL! Yeah, it's really annoying but thankfully should repair quite nicely. Anyways, it was great to see you and your lad there mate - always a pleasure!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@SharkyUK you’re than welcome mate, glad I could return the favour after all these years!
Sorry that we didn't get much of a chance to chat whilst going round, I couldn't hear a single thing anyone said in the car 😂

722b6d1d-5412-42c9-89b6-227e4e0724b0.jpeg

It's worth mentioning and it's not much of a secret, when I joined CS my mental and physical health really wasn't the best. I was a bit wild and very much off the rails. Folk like SharkyUK, @DaveDreads @Dr HMS Derv Destroyer @Chode Lint @TRH_Racing @Clio_fool kept me going, treated me no differently and helped where they could. I've no doubts that without the people above I wouldn't be where I am now and I'm not sure that I would of made it to CSF15, let alone CSF23 dishing out hot laps for fun 🖤

Looking forward to CSF24 already, if anyone has any feedback on how we could make the hot lap experience any better, fire a PM over.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
@SharkyUK you’re than welcome mate, glad I could return the favour after all these years!
Sorry that we didn't get much of a chance to chat whilst going round, I couldn't hear a single thing anyone said in the car 😂

View attachment 1658824

It's worth mentioning and it's not much of a secret, when I joined CS my mental and physical health really wasn't the best. I was a bit wild and very much off the rails. Folk like SharkyUK, @DaveDreads @Dr HMS Derv Destroyer @Chode Lint @TRH_Racing @Clio_fool kept me going, treated me no differently and helped where they could. I've no doubts that without the people above I wouldn't be where I am now and I'm not sure that I would of made it to CSF15, let alone CSF23 dishing out hot laps for fun 🖤

Looking forward to CSF24 already, if anyone has any feedback on how we could make the hot lap experience any better, fire a PM over.

A small but reassuring rub of the passenger knee, before launch.

Will add to the sexual danger aspect before they’re then trapped in the car for a lap.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

View attachment 1658824

Handbrake turns on every corner

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Been a very long time since I was at a Clio event with the club. Looks like a good event this one , I’ll keep an eye out where the next one is located for 2024. Is the events normally camping like in the picture above? also is the event just for the Cliosport.net lot?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Been a very long time since I was at a Clio event with the club. Looks like a good event this one , I’ll keep an eye out where the next one is located for 2024. Is the events normally camping like in the picture above? also is the event just for the Cliosport.net lot?
I'd say we'll all be disappointed if it's not Anglesey again next year. Camping yes, just make sure your test is well nailed down. Hotels etc are available if you're a pussy. Cliosport festival by cliosport.net probably keeps the riff-raff out but if you've some mates that want along then why not? Get yourself there, it's a great weekend.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'd say we'll all be disappointed if it's not Anglesey again next year. Camping yes, just make sure your test is well nailed down. Hotels etc are available if you're a pussy. Cliosport festival by cliosport.net probably keeps the riff-raff out but if you've some mates that want along then why not? Get yourself there, it's a great weekend.
Yeah the location looks very nice, ive kept a few bits of camping stuff from years back including tent and that, so don’t mind camping . Nice to see the club is doing its own thing, suits me too, I’ll be definitely interested in next year . Need to look through the pages on this thread to see what the event is all about and that, the last few events with the club was with other car clubs , honestly can’t remember what year

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah the location looks very nice, ive kept a few bits of camping stuff from years back including tent and that, so don’t mind camping . Nice to see the club is doing its own thing, suits me too, I’ll be definitely interested in next year . Need to look through the pages on this thread to see what the event is all about and that, the last few events with the club was with other car clubs , honestly can’t remember what year
All of our events are open to some smaller clubs, TurboRenault and 197/200.net.

They tend to be quieter more civilised people than the ones that Grace these pages, but we all share the same perverted interest in fast Renaults. And they are all ABSOLUTELY sound.

See you in 2024! 💪🏽

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Had a message from @Brigsy to say he's unable to take up his raffle prize so it's being offered out to anyone who attended CSF23.

2x Hospitality passes to the final round of the Britcar Endurance Trophy - Sunday 15th October at Donington Park.
Food and drink included, you'll also be presenting the trophies to class winners and overall podium finishers.
Full garage access with High Row Motorsport through out the day and full paddock access through the day.

DM me if you'd like to take this up.