ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport owners just don't get it!

Clio 172
Why o why does my mate (who is knowledgeable about cars) think a CTR would blow me? He thinks my old Fiesta ST would be as quick as my 172 even having had a remap, matched inlet, exhaust and IK! And you know what? I LOVE IT! People just don't see me as quick and that's fine by me!

Rant over

true so many other people under estimate the clio , it's a girl's car :eek: pmsl

ok ...... we settle on the tarmac , enough said :evil:

80MPG BEEZA
That's why I complete the look with 1.2 door badges.

same here! people presume every clio on this planet is a 1.2 so it may aswell have 1.2 badges shame when they try and get past you and you keep them sitting on the wrong side of the road

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
so true.....tbh iv said before i dint relise how fast rs clios were until i seriously started to consider one.

Clio 172
Yeh, I never even knew about them till a mate recommended them after I couldn't afford to insure an Impreza. Very pleased

Why o why does my mate (who is knowledgeable about cars) think a CTR would blow me? He thinks my old Fiesta ST would be as quick as my 172 even having had a remap, matched inlet, exhaust and IK! And you know what? I LOVE IT! People just don't see me as quick and that's fine by me!

Rant over
Prob cos people like me drive like ms daisy in em :p I hardly drive fast, not many places permit it, early hours in the peaks is good though.

n2x

e60/f10
Maybe i just suck at driving(or the car is not running right) but i got beaten by a 1,6 vti civic 118kw :S was catching up with it but 1/4 ended too soon.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
3 of my mates have ctr's and they get away from me as soon as a hit 4th gear they pull away from me like a train

Clio 172 mk2
Clio RS very underestimated and low key in looks

Definately suits me...if I wanted evryone to stare thinking 'what a c**k' I'd be driving a corsa with bits stuck on

Golf GTI PP Mk7
the older civics can be seriously tuned.

ive got a friend with a 1.6vti that is pretty much on par with my 172. honda engines respond so well to simple mods.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
to be fair until i joined on here i didn't know phase 1 or phase 2 172's existed

just thought it was muppets putting 2.0 badges on what looked like to me at the time a standard non-sport clio lol