ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport replica 172

172 Rep
Urgent help,!!!!!!! do the bumpers from a clio sport fit onto a basic 1.2 clio extreme, or do they only fit to a certain model???:dapprove:

172 Rep
The 172 bumper has the hidden away exhaust dont it?? had a nosey around for wings arch liners, pain in the ass to find :( what width of spacer would you recommend, thanks for the help pal !!:D

172 Rep
oh thats alright cant be asked with that twin exit exhaust hassle! and does it really make a difference without the wings haha?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It won't fit at all with standard wings without atleast cutting the edges off lol... But thatd look silly so you'll have to smooth it into the standard wings

My old car

5c59637d.jpg

172 Rep
Still looks mint, probably have a butchers around on the old ebay and pistonheads for breakers or spare parts, are wings a pain to change on clio's, reckon its all worth it?

I made a full 172 rep a couple of years ago. You will need front bumpers, wings,side skirts, rear bumper, arch liners, front and rear.

Other things you may need to include are front upper grille, lower grille, fog surrounds, fog lights and headlight washer blanks/washers

Some people have managed to cut down a 172 front bumper to fit onto standard wings but i believe this can be a pain.

Spacers, I would recommend 25mm front and 10mm rear and make sure they are hubcentric spacers. You do get what you pay for with these

With regards to difficulty it really isnt that hard to do. I had never done any mechanical/cosmetic work on a vehicle before but with a bit of common sense, alot of swearing and plenty of WD40 you shouldnt have too many problems.

One thing i would recommend doing is getting some replacement plastic arch liner screws as they are near enough impossible to remove without breaking.

hope this helps

Mines a 172 Rep but the PH1 - Was a rather fun project to put the bumpers on.. A lot of swearing was had! Had to make small brackets as well for the front bumper to bolt too under the central vent under the bonnet

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

Made out of a Hard Drive bracket

IMG_1003.jpg

392466_10150951056237658_622727657_11746265_960223936_n.jpg

Just havent put the side skirts on yet :p cba