ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport - which one?

Clio 182
I'll easily get 35 mpg on a motorway drive out of my 182. At the risk of blasphemy on a Clio forum, if it's really economy you're after have you considered an older 1.9 diesel Fabia VRS? Not the best looking of cars, but still has a good pull for overtaking, should get you around 50mpg, insurance and TAX both cheaper than a Clio. My drive to work is short and on country roads that I decided I didn't need a diesel and went for the fun factor of a 182.

Renault Clio
Thanks for the advice e but I couldn't drive a Skoda, just got a phobia and think people would take the piss; not that I should care what other people think.

I had a girlfriend a while back who purchased a brand new bottom of the range Skoda Fabia and I just couldn't understand why.

I think I have my heart set on the 197 and think if I could get a good price, what I would spend more on fuel I would save on initial purchase price and depriciation.

I will be looking to buy one with circa 30000 miles but with no more than 40000 - any advice on what to look for? My current Clio (understandably it is an 03 with 65K on the clock) is having no end of problems at the moment....

As for fuel consumption. I currently get 45, even more on a long run so 15 MPG difference is going to make a fair difference in my fuel budget even if I do a relatively small '10000' miles.

The Type S 2.2 TD felt way faster than the ST but as I mentioned I did not get above 4000 revs or so and it just felt like a normal car.

Thanks

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Thanks for the advice e but I couldn't drive a Skoda, just got a phobia and think people would take the piss; not that I should care what other people think.

You think people will regard you higher for driving a Renault? Hmm, lol.