ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio "Sport"

Renault Clio
I have had a Renault Clio for four years, of which I am the second owner. It is 1.2 8V, 2002 (51 Reg). I have always assumed that the "sport" sticker was stuck on the back of the car by the previous owner however somebody who was repairing the bumper recently had trouble finding the colour values for the car, so he phoned the company who provides the paint who told him it was a "limited edition" version and was in fact a sport. To second this I looked at the car registration documents in which it is reffered to as a "sport".

My post is out of pure curiosity. How can a 1.2 8V be labeled a sport? For what reasons?

Edit: I should probably add it is a "facelifted" Clio II and looks pretty standard.

Last edited:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
It's just a trim level, although I thought they were Ph1 models only. I could be wrong however. A Clio Sport isn't a 2.0L anyway. That's a Clio Renaultsport.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Admiral/Elephant insist on referring to my car as a 'Renault Clio Sport 182'. As sad as it sounds, it annoys me ever so slightly.

It's just a trim level, although I thought they were Ph1 models only. I could be wrong however. A Clio Sport isn't a 2.0L anyway. That's a Clio Renaultsport.

This.

However I am positive that the Ph2 is also available with a "sport" package. It was in the Clio brochure (which only covers the Ph2!) that I had with my 182.

The dyanmiques and the RS models were all banded under the sport collection unmbrella.

S a Clio Dynamique is a" Clio sport dynamique"

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Someone rummage around in their service history for a Ph2 Clio brochure to settle this once and for all lol!

i just had to search for about 20 minutes to find this, i had it saved from when we had the exact same argument in about 2005 on here haha!

sport range.JPG

Clio Extreme 1.2
Mines says 1.2L 16V Extreme

Don't think I've seen many most I see are dynamics.
Mine seems to have about the same trim level.

Renault Clio S
I have a 1.4 Clio Sport, in Vertigo Green. It's an awesome colour and despite the fact it's over the hills (model wise), someome recently asked me if it had been resprayed. I bought it secondhand and it came with a 'sport' badge beneath the Clio mark. Always assumed this was a Halfrauds add-on and removed it. I wouldn't part with it for all the new Clio's in the world. You can't beat MK2 Phase 1s on looks.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I've seen heaps and heaps on clios with the 'sport' badge stuck on, I recently thought that there must actually be a sport model, surely there wasn't that many people that put the badge from halfords in the same place!

I also find it very annoying when people say my 172 is a clio sport

Last edited:
  Ph2 Flamer
I had a 1.4 8v clio sport until about a year ago, was a mk2 ph1. Didn't have a sport badge on the rear but the side strips had an S on like you see the RN, RSI, 1.2 etc on the other models at the same time. Had the twin optic lights, rubbery splitter and a few other bits which made it look sportyish but i think it was 95bhp so as above mainly a trim thing.

Mines says 1.2L 16V Extreme

Don't think I've seen many most I see are dynamics.
Mine seems to have about the same trim level.
Extremes used to be dynamiques with a CD player as standard different material seats and a few stickers etc and a £100 higher price which ironicaly was the price of the cd upgrade for the dynamique owners.