ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Start Up

2002 Clio 1.2 16v
Hey, right my mate has asked me to see if i can find out if anyone knows what is making his clio start up in the following way:

Car in question: 1992 Renault Clio Mk1 1800 16v

• Keys Inserted Engine Starts
  • Car idles on choke
  • When the choke goes off the car will stall unless the car is held at around 1000 rpm.
  • When the car is held at 1000rpm the revs will then start to increase to 2-3000rpm and then pause then 4000rpm then pause and then back down again to 1000rpm.
  • The will happen a couple of times and the car will then idle ok and run fine.
The car was bought from a guy who had around 4 of these cars and it is possible it was chipped aswell as it is very possible he may have taken that chip out. If the chip is still in then should it not allow it to rev past the limiter slightly? If so it doesnt it just stops at 6.5/7rpm.

The guy in question told him what to do at startup there are no lights on dash to tell him to hold revs or anything. He's kinda stumped to what chip is in it or what is the problem with it.
The car also does this on each startup and is not just for warming the car up as even if its been turned off a couple mins it will still do it when restarted.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Im sure ive left some info out so if any more info needed just ask. Thanks.

2002 Clio 1.2 16v
So you think it possibly has the standard brain still in it just the faulty lambda sensor causing it?

PH1 172 Sport
What do you mean by chip? Its not an ebay special resistor on the air inlet temp sensor is it?

2002 Clio 1.2 16v
What do you mean by chip? Its not an ebay special resistor on the air inlet temp sensor is it?

Yes one them ebay resitors i think it is, are you being serious they dont work? Flip me im sure he will want a refund of his £1.99. :(

Anyway back to the subject, no it nothing like that. He was meaning something like THIS but cheers for the help there :cheers:

All he was meaning was if there was a new chip put in it would it have a certain startup process which wud be like what i have shown above. I know a lambda sensor was mentioned but the car runs perfectly fine.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Ebay go-faster chip FTW
Doubles your bHp when fitted alongside the CS sticker :D

Sorry Matt :eek:

2002 Clio 1.2 16v
Ebay go-faster chip FTW
Doubles your bHp when fitted alongside the CS sticker :D

Sorry Matt :eek:

Wind your neck in trev, we all know that the only product that works from ebay is the electric universal turbo! :nono: