ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio steering wheel - NOT STRAIGHT

Clio
We just bought my sisters first car. A Clio Privilege 2002. I am starting to go through the few small problems on the car that need fixing.

Now the steering wheel is quite a bit over to the left when driving straight like on the motorway. If you put the steering wheel dead straight then you move to the next lane on the right, so you have to keep the steering wheel turned to the left when travelling straight.

Is there any way of fixing this?

Black 172
Either that ^, or someone has removed the steering wheel and not aligned it correctly when putting it back on (I made this mistake on my old car!)

Is there and uneven tyre wear or vibrations?

Megane dci 130
You cant put the wheel on wrong, it has a master spline so only goes on one place. Needs wheel alighnment.

Clio
Thanks for all this guys. So Ill take it for a wheel alignment then to National Tyre or somewhere.

Oh and there are no uneven tyre wear and no vibrations at all at any speed up to 90mph.

Do you all reckon its as simple as that or not?

172/1.2/E30
In the worst case, the car will have a bent rear axle or wishbone. But these kind of problems should get detected with a wheel alignment check.

Thanks for all this guys. So Ill take it for a wheel alignment then to National Tyre or somewhere.

Oh and there are no uneven tyre wear and no vibrations at all at any speed up to 90mph.

Do you all reckon its as simple as that or not?

I had exactly the same, steering wheel was at 30 degrees when going straight when I bought it, wheel alignment fixed it instantly.

Only £15 at National, there's a voucher here http://www.national.co.uk/special-offers-wheel-alignment.aspx

Clio
That's great, thanks so much for the link for cheap wheel alignment. Very much appreciated. I'll take it when I have time and let you all know if it cured it. Thanks again.

Clio
forgot to say the wheel alignment sorted it out completely. Steering wheel is now completely straight.