ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sunroof rattles

None
Is there anyway to fix this on mk1's. Its really annoying me now and I wanna stop it rattling before I take the whole lot out lol anyone know??

172 cup
Mine seems to do exactly the same - took me ages to figger out where the noise was coming from - if anyone has any suggestions Id also be interested to know.

Mondeo TDCI 130
there a nightmare!!! we replaced them with new ones at work, 2 months later there rattling again!! take it out and weld the roof up?

Mondeo TDCI 130
i was joking really mate! it could be done by a profesional bodyshop, but not cost effective! you would need a new roof lining etc!

182 Cup
I had this problem with my 1.2.

Simple to fix really, just open it, jam a bit of cardboard in between the hinge and close it so it closes good and tight down on the cardboard.

Looking for a ph1 172
hey i had this problem with my mk2. if you take the glass out and put insulation tape or the like on the 2 prongs that stick out the front and replace the glass. i done this and it worked for me.

good luck

Mk4 .:R32
mine rattles when the sun roof is up, and when its down it makes a 'creaky floorboard noise' lol .... i cant win i tryed everything :(

No wheels :(
Im the Same !!

Makes me wanna drive my car into a Tree!!

Anyone got any ideas, considering that it still will be used??

Cheers, Sam

Megane
Mine is the same if it makes anyone happier, When i bought the car, it hadnt been used for so long that it wouldnt open!! Now i have used it it rattles :(

RB 200 Cup!
this happeend on my 1.6.Stuffed a kitchen scourer in there - problem solved.

Thank f**k my 172 doesnt have a sunroof

1.8 8v RSi
had this problem on my RT...after taking the roof material off it wasnt the sunroof but the bits around it....(wires plastics ect)

Mazda 3 MPS
I just took the glass out, sprayed a tiny bit of spray-grease on the 2 metal catches at the front (opposite end of the handle) then a bit of wd-40 type stuff in where those 2 metal catches sit and havent heard a sound from it since. Worked a treat for me:approve:

Edit:This was on a mk 2 ph 2

None
mine only rattles when its shut. I might shut it on a scourer thingy but might jam up the sunroof lol

yea mine, does the same. nice tip! by the way how did you get your car colour coded like that, if thats ur car, i really wana get my clio black bits all silver but i dont know where to start? any suggestions