ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio throttlebodies

lift number 1 @ btm
mine has ITB's...

but cue 10 pages of people who dont have, haven't been in/seen a car with them on claiming it's a waste of money blah blah blah.

This is what ITB's do... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eHiMhZpYrA

chill jesus. i'm only playing. (you do get excited though:rasp: )

itb's are definately the way to get the most out of an n/a engine. and arguably the most driveable way of going about it too. they need very accurate setting up, and are expensive. but are the way to get everything out of an engine.

Clio 1.4
Agreed.

I've got a friend with a VTS thats Throttlebodied its running around 180bhp and off the line beats cars with 250bhp. I wouldnt mind it i tell you that now

drhowser - that wasn't aimed at you dude, that was more a general comment for the usual fuckwits that come on these threads claiming they know what they are talking about.

Gammer - it's running about 225bhp(ish) and was done by Andy over at GDI (www.GreyDevilIndustries.com). Other people do these conversions as well, but I'm pretty sure this one has covered more miles that all of them combined since it was converted almost 40k ago and is still on a stock engine. ie no bottom end or top end work at all and I use it daily. So if you want it doing in a timely fashion and properly they are the obvious choice and as they are partnered with Omex you wont get a better running map imo.

As drhowser says, this is easily the most drivable conversion as the power is throughout the rev range and it's very easy to live with (especially the noise)

Megane 230 R26
Having a Trophy has actually saved me money, because if it wasn't for the fact I want to keep my car standard because of what it is, I'd have spent LOADS on stuff like this by now!! :D

Although now the problem is I'm tempted to get a separate 172/182 project car so I can do stuff like this... HEEEEEEEELP! :S

M2 Competition
Having a Trophy has actually saved me money, because if it wasn't for the fact I want to keep my car standard because of what it is, I'd have spent LOADS on stuff like this by now!! :D

Although now the problem is I'm tempted to get a separate 172/182 project car so I can do stuff like this... HEEEEEEEELP! :S

Buy my cup dude... ;)

haha Go for it then! :) I just got the inpression she sold the clio to buy something cheaper and to save for a house.

hey, where did my other post go? Come on FFS, just edit the quote bit and keep the info at least, there was nothing wrong with any of it imo :(

Sorry to be an annoyance but could someone (preferrably The Jesus ;)) explain how ITB's work. I've had a quick look at some pics but can't understand where you have an air filter instead... or do you just have unfiltered air going into your engine :/ lol

Cheers Adam

Lionel Richie
gives you an idea Bloooor
111_1181.jpg

Lionel Richie
na, that pic is from about 18months ago, it was clean because it was a photoshoot for Track & Race Car mag

(bonnet and slam pannel had just been done)

RS RIP
we're talking thousands of pounds here on mods, this GDI-package ? I especially like the fact that it wil be drivable for everyday use.

Loved the Youtube clip !

we're talking thousands of pounds here on mods, this GDI-package ? I especially like the fact that it wil be drivable for everyday use.

Loved the Youtube clip !

yeah it's not cheap, £3750 starting price, but it's fun blowing away the supposedly quicker cars :cool:

The bodies aren't cheap, then there's all the work with the management setting up and the Omex itself. Mapping, bigger injectors etc etc... all ends up adding up but it's cheaper to do and easier to live with than a jap turbo! lol

haha yeh but nothing beats that tish sound :D So would ITB's be a good thing to buy if you fancied making your clios sport that little bit quicker ;) Or what about Cams + Remap?

M

mini-valver

ITB's are installed with cams (usually, you can just bolt them on alone if you want) and the standalone has to be mapped anyway.

so all 3 FTW? plus manifold and exhaust system would be pretty fookin sweet? or just a waste of money on a clio?

manifold is already stainless and seems good, I'm not bothering with the 182 one as mine makes good power as it is without that expense tbh. but ITB's are a huge difference over stock, as tested against my missus' old breathed on Clio... which I could give a huge headstart and just reel it in immediately and pass it for fun lol

M

mini-valver

so all 3 FTW? plus manifold and exhaust system would be pretty fookin sweet? or just a waste of money on a clio?

It's a good a car as any to mod mate. At least it has a decent chassis!

Jon, 40bhp and oodles more torque low down would make easy work of a standardish ph-quick!

aye, Clio chassis will take a good bit more power over stock.

cams and bodies and you'll see around 50bhp improvement or more... and yeah, stock Clio's are a waste of petrol to be honest, it's really not worth bothering lol

clio 200 F4Rt
TheJesus - can you post up some pics of your setup please, heard so much about it, never seen it!

A4 Avant
Other people do these conversions as well, but I'm pretty sure this one has covered more miles that all of them combined since it was converted almost 40k ago and is still on a stock engine. ie no bottom end or top end work at all and I use it daily.

Just a quick one The Jesus, wasn't this chris k's old car? I thought it only had the throttle bodies fitted just before last years FCS. Does that mean you've done 40k miles in just over a year?

gives you an idea Bloooor
111_1181.jpg

Looking at that I think you could angle the bodies so that they stuck under the slam panel.

You could use an airbox over the bodies so you arent sucking warm air off the back of the rad and get a cold feed into it from the right hand side above the radiator. No cutting of bodywork or bonnet pins required.

An airbox like this

itb1.jpg

Position this above the rad to pick up cold air to supply the airbox.

itb2.jpg

Jenvey do some angles so you can bend the inlet downwards.

itb3.jpg

I have looked into this and think its possible but you need aircon removing and a custom rad as per the Yozzasport car. Not a cheap solution but space permitting you get a longer inlet length and colder air.

If any of the tuning companies want to buy the parts I would be happy to develop the kit for them :D.

Other people do these conversions as well, but I'm pretty sure this one has covered more miles that all of them combined since it was converted almost 40k ago and is still on a stock engine. ie no bottom end or top end work at all and I use it daily.

Just a quick one The Jesus, wasn't this chris k's old car? I thought it only had the throttle bodies fitted just before last years FCS. Does that mean you've done 40k miles in just over a year?

No it was the year before, as I took it to FCS last year mate. I've done about 17k in it already and it's my daily driver to work plus I regularly drive to the other end of the country to see mates and stuff, so it's been a pleasure really.

Markm - that airbox looks funky, who sells that as my filter is fucked pretty much and wont survive another de-greasing I dont think.

£400!?!? f**k me sideways, I think I'll have one made from plastic and save myself some cash... or get another foam one for £30 lol