ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio to Saxo VTR. My new car.

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Skidded into a kerb? Too much of a power step up for you? ;)

Insurance isn't bad tbh, mate of mine paid 1300 with same as you minus the points.
Bell seem to be good atm, 900 for my renewal if i go with them - admiral want 1300! Jog on.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
To buy parts from. I can fit them all myself, my dad is a mechanic and has a garage with ramps and tools so i am lucky:eek:

Yeh i have been looking around saxp and ssc.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Skidded into a kerb? Too much of a power step up for you? ;)
Ha! I was going about 15mph around this long sweeping bend, hit some ice and skidded. It was like it was in slowmotion i was going so slow,i tried braking, steering either way and powering out but nothing worked lol.

I might go and get some more pics later while its clean. Hmmm Reigate multi storey?:quiet:

Ph1 172 + Combo van
A few more pictures from tonight while it was clean ish...

Saxo14-1-09reigatemultistorey015.jpg

Saxo14-1-09reigatemultistorey022.jpg

Saxo14-1-09reigatemultistorey023.jpg

Saxo14-1-09reigatemultistorey026.jpg

Saxo14-1-09reigatemultistorey030.jpg

:cool:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
That looks in good nick, have always fancied the older saxo VTS

They supposdley leak everywhere though lol

120d M Sport
Alex Im liking it! Nice colour:)

Those VTR alloys mini-valver had on that red one of his looked great in gloss back, would be a good mod. Go for the wheels first I reckon...the suspension on vtr/vts is very highly rated so I hear, wonder if Eibachs would even be worth the expense?

Last edited:
i used to own a mk1 saxo VTR in silver, was the very first 97 model VTR! loved it when it worked lol had alot of gearbox issues with mine, went through 3 in 2 year

def worth upgrading the front brakes, you can fit the 206gti std set up under the 14" vtr wheels too, 260mm (*ish) fun little motors for backroad blasting even with just the 90 or 98bhp(depending year), i did a few bits to mine, got a BTB 4-1 manifold/decat and full magnex system, also a green enclosed filter set up along with the gti brakes/full spax kit made it alot of fun!

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Yeh cheers mate, it is a 98 btw.

I think ill keep the standard wheels on for a bit. Replace the damaged alloy. Two good new tyres on the front, Supersprint exhaust, chuck the 260mm calipers, disks and pads on as i can have them for free, then do something to the suspension. Then i can see how it feels, drives and looks before changing anything else.:cool:

Focus RS Mk1
Was up for £2495.

can get a vts for thsat money easily.

i sold my 52 plate vtr for £2600 nearly 3 years ago now! sounds like u paid a bit much! none the less good cars.

ive had 4 saxo's up to the 172. loved em all. started off with a 1.1i then onto a vtr, then a vts with a supercharger, then another supercharged vts but as a track car (front cover of PFC)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
I see what you are saying Sean. When i was looking there were plenty about which were only up for about £1400 - £1600, i went to look at 4 in this price range and they all needed a lot of paintwork to get them in a decent condition. Maybe i just have high standards lol.

M

mini-valver

I should be buying a Furio as a daily runner after this thread. FFS.

M

mini-valver

Furio, will be the mrs first car when she passes her test (She's nearly 21 FFS) and Ill use it as a runner. I know I'll 16v it after a few months :eek:

Resist.....

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I look foward to the "Lift off, oversteer, tree..." thread that will follow after you forgot to tell the misus about the transplant idea lol

M

mini-valver

She'll be reet, I'll buy an OMEX piggyback rev limiter and set it to 4k, just when it gets into the meat of the power.

Serves you right for stopping that BJ thinking "Your mum might come up" eh, bint ;)

320d
PMSL Mini-valver.

Good cars the saxo's, realy like the VTS's, however insurance is obviously an issue and the VTR will still be pretty nippy.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Thought I recognised that driveway haha

Saxo is looking tidy ! Hope you get new wheel sorted soon and back to its former glory.

Nice to see a smart looking blue one, rather than the generic silver ones :dead:

Rob

Clio 1.9 Si DTi
Love saxo vtr, vts's. Shame chav's have gave them a really bad name :dapprove: Just like any car they own tbh.

But looks really nice that one you have there :rasp:

Clio 182
nice one mate... ive just got rid of mine before xmas and loved it to bits

check out my thread couple of pics on their, if you need any advice pm me and get on sax-p.com