ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy *First Drive*

Lee

BMW M2C

Finally got my grubby maulers on a Trophy today. Car number 006 one of the press cars. Its already covered 1300k so was ready for a pasting.

I took it for a 20 minute spin around Oulton.

Obviously not knowing where I was going or the car well I took it reasonably easy (those who know me know how easy that would have been. ;))

The front end is so planted and understeer would take some serious pushing on. The rear just flies round.

I LOVE the seats.

I cant wait to pick mine up Wednesday.

Pics will be in the media forum in a bit.

Lee

Exxcellent I didnt know there was anthing going on at Oulton this weekend.

Is it much better than the 182 Cup?

Lee

BMW M2C

It was just after lunch, between 1 and 2.

The ride is certainly better than my 182 with Cup Packs. You dont notice how hard it is until you come to a speed bump. The damping is superb.

Unlike mine, where the right rear damper is now totally out of oil. lol

and with the selected engines they seem to pull better with the extra power and improvements.

looked good Lee.

Well Done.

/y0z

MKIII 138

selected engines ? you lucky bugger.

btw my 172 has always been seriously quick. quicker than other 172s ive raced and ive kept pace to !25mph with a wrx !!

i guess the lucky 172/182 owners have the same quality grade engines as the trophy its just the luck of the draw.

Trip to Angelworks for a manifold port/polish/match will soon see any "underperforming" engines up to the same or more as a "selected" engine.

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 20 June 2005

is yours fixed?

:-(

/y0z
Not yet.

Think its just a fuel filter needing doing, so Im going to attempt to do it myself. (Await the "valver up in flames" thread! lol )

Might skive off work at 4 as Ive done sweet f.a. all day so far... :p

EVO VII

how much would i have to pay for one of these then??? :)

it cant be that much more then a 182 surely??

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Id love one.

Hated the TROPHY badge down the side at first but now I think it looks cool.

It would have looked dodgy having sport or something down the side but Trophy is kind of an interesting word to have on and less of a generic word.

Is it me or do the photos on the renault site make the back look ridiculously high?

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 19 June 2005

Finally got my grubby maulers on a Trophy today. Car number 006 one of the press cars. Its already covered 1300k so was ready for a pasting.

I took it for a 20 minute spin around Oulton.

Obviously not knowing where I was going or the car well I took it reasonably easy (those who know me know how easy that would have been. ;))

The front end is so planted and understeer would take some serious pushing on. The rear just flies round.
Good ride round eh ? The surface was a bit slippery but its got excellent grip and turn in

^^^ LOL

Those engines are a massive improvement on the ordinary 182 Jeremy. I was very impressed at the loseness of the engine.

/y0z

Lee

BMW M2C

Didnt feel like an engine that had only done 1300k, thats for sure.

Id have been even happier if Id gotten to try out the looseness of the dark haired scouse waitress though. lol

VaVa

lol @ Yoz. And are they really selected engines?? Something else to tempt me....:cry:

You lucky bugger Lee. Youll have to take me out for a spin in yours when you get it.

Clio Cup

Surely they will just make more if demand outstrips supply, like they always did.

Do the dampers require rebuilds like ohlins?

OK so have us Renault buyers been ripped off again by buying what we thought was an almost exclusive car? What power are these engines producing? Or is this a placebo thing?