ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio trophy gearbox issue

Clio 182 Trophy
When I was on track at Blyton Friday, my trophy jumped out of 2nd gear a handful of times, it happened when the car was at fairly high rpm, letting off the throttle and going to power out of a turn it just popped out. Just wondering if any of you have experienced any similar symptoms?
My car is running a quickshifter, but has always been perfect and to be honest, it drove back home just as normal? Could this just need the selector rod adjusting, or is a rebuild on the cards?
Thanks in advance

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It could be the clip that retains the 2nd gear selector hub has worn. It will only show when it's under maximum load, but eventually it will show all the time if not looked at.

Or it could be the engine/box moving on its mounts. Check these first as they're substantially cheaper than the box!

If it's the box you will have a couple of options.
Option 1: source the items 2nd hand and have them fitted.
Option 2: buy the items brand new and replace 1st and 2nd gear as they've changed the design now so the original parts aren't available.