ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy!

Clio Trophy #123

Hottest-ever Clio Powers In

The hot hatch heritage of Renault is already impressive, but another chapter is about to open with the launch of a new ultra-hot Clio. Following in the tyre tracks of performance models such as the 5 GT Turbo and the Clio 182, an even quicker model is being developed. It will be the cars swansong and will go on sale later in the year, before an all-new Clio is launched.
The newcomer, badged Trophy in line with the special-edition Mégane announced at the Geneva Motor Show, is currently being developed at the Renaultsport factory in Dieppe, France. Thats where it will eventually be built in a limited production run of 500 cars.
Expected to cost about £1,000 more than the standard Clio 182, it will be identifiable by a special yellow paint scheme, unique 17-inch alloys and a larger boot spoiler. Power will come from an uprated

http://www.autoexpress.co

version of the 182s 2.0-litre engine, and although our sources were unable to tell us how much power the secret new Renault will develop, insiders have hinted that it could be in excess of 200bhp, allowing the Clio to go out with a real bang.
Engineers are said to be currently looking at ways of helping the hatchback cope with such an output, as the cars light weight means that at present it would struggle to rein in any power increase. The Trophy will also get a comprehensive range of suspension changes to ensure it provides maximum grip and cornering ability.
Inside, it will feature exclusive Alcantara upholstery, while each model will come with a numbered plaque mounted beside the gearlever.
Exact details on when the newcomer is set to go on sale have yet to be announced, but it should be in showrooms by late summer.

ARSE. IVE JUST GOT ME 182 YESTERDAY.

(ALTHOUGH A PIPE DREAM ME THINKS)

LOL ;)

My mate works for renault, and he got an update last week. The trophy is going to be approx 220BHP, and will be the NEW shape clio, not the one we all love so much!

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by BanezWantaCup on 13 April 2005

My mate works for renault, and he got an update last week. The trophy is going to be approx 220BHP, and will be the NEW shape clio, not the one we all love so much!
If you dont mind me asking, what does your mate do at renault?

The new RS clio wont be out till spring by all accounts. Who knows what the BHP figure is going to be and the trophy will be the last in a long line of little upgrades renault loves to release

When does the new clio come out? I think it looks mingin. I want the current 182 but cant have one until sept this year. Will it still be around?!?

the new shape clio has not been "uncovered" yet has it - only what people think it will be??? so how can you think it looks mingin?!?!?

clio production ends in August I believe, but there may well be some "made" cars around still in Sept

Quote: Originally posted by BanezWantaCup on 13 April 2005

shut up. *said with a laugh*

your mate obviously knows about as much as every other renault dealer - not a lot.

/y0z

R

rich[182]

these rumours about the trophy, next gen clio rs are getting laughable IMO

dealers know jack diddly - like ive said before they didnt even know about the existence of the 182 last year, even when they were coming off the production line in france, I remember going in to dealer the day their demo 182 was delivered and saying told you so

I know it sounds like bull, i dont know what to believe either. The new clio does look bad i must admit.

MY mate is a renault technician and he was told by the sales manager, but dont have a go at me - im just the messenger!

The "Clio Trophy" if it is ever called like that does exist as a prototype. It could be sold as a limited edition just before the release of the RS gen 3 ( may 2006 ). It is just a matter of commercial considerations. Anyway they (at Les Ulis ) have developped a lot of things since the release of the 182. This developpements represent some kind of money and thinking and is going to be lost. For this reason the "Clio Trophy" has some little chances to come on the market.

The pictures of the prototype:

http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200409/daweed_1095001137_rsjaune2.jpg

http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200409/daweed_1095001152_rsjaune.jpg

This prototype is 6 months old.
It is a testbed for the F4M engine which is around 205 BPH.
The engine is for the RS gen 3.
The "Trophy" would possibly have the ultimate evolution of the F4R at 200 BPH.
Note that a more serious option is the release of a RS3 Turbo with the 225 BPH engine in late 2007.
By that time, the Megane would have been seriously upgraded...

[Edited by olin on 4/13/2005 11:06:47 PM]

[Edited by olin on 4/13/2005 11:08:19 PM]

[Edited by olin on 4/13/2005 11:12:15 PM]

Quote: Originally posted by olin on 13 April 2005
The "Clio Trophy" if it is ever called like that does exist as a prototype.

This prototype is 6 months old.
It is a testbed for the F4M engine which is around 205 BPH.
The engine is for the RS gen 3.
The "Trophy" would possibly have the ultimate evolution of the F4R at 200 BPH.
Note that a more serious option is the release of a RS3 Turbo with the 225 BPH engine in late 2007.
By that time, the Megane would have been seriously upgraded...

Do you know what changes the F4R has had to become the F4M?
Im sure Ive seen that car early last year and the body kit is an aftermarket one sold by a French company I belive.

The major change in the engine is that they will put a "VTEC" on it:) . The torque would be improved.
The engine is rated 205-215 BPH / 215-225 mkg.
The "Trophy" type would rather get the F4R 830 with new cams and intake/exhaust mods.
But at the moment it is very unlikely to come on the market; the production line is already almost closed.
Mr Gohsn is coming !!!

Apparently this bodykit was just fitted "for fun" it is also very unlikely to appear. This prototype has VERY nice brembo breaks...

http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200501/daweed_1104595216_uliz_0.jpg

[Edited by olin on 4/14/2005 9:37:05 AM]

[Edited by olin on 4/14/2005 9:44:53 AM]

[Edited by olin on 4/14/2005 9:45:42 AM]

[Edited by olin on 4/14/2005 9:46:24 AM]

[Edited by olin on 4/14/2005 9:47:24 AM]

Ziel Nurburgring

That body kit(and that exact picture) has been around for over a year, and actually i saw that rear bumper on an inferno 182 at the weekend (M4 around bristol coming back from taffland).

Think Tom found out it is a french aftermarket kit, and i cant remember the name.

I wonder when Renault will actually release details of their worst kept secret to the public

The bodykit was available from Renault in France at least.
The pictures are 6 months old.

[Edited by olin on 4/14/2005 9:57:39 AM]

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 14 April 2005

Is that the Trophy, Trophy cup pack or Trophy cup? Will it come with optional LED washers?
Its got the front splitter and the gold alloys, not sure if the suspension has been specified yet - hence not being shown.

Expect it to be around £12999.20p from dealers next April.

Megane R26

does anyone have an idea of where I can get those bumpers from!! dont usualy like bodykits, but i got alot of time for that one!