ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio TT

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
following the sudden demise of my 172, Flans 16v caught my eye & im now the proud owner, picked her up on thursday & today had a proper drive, when i think of the £ i spent on trying to tune my RS :rolleyes: , if id have known about transplanting the VAG lump, there should be more of these conversions around! serious fun. apologies for thumbnails i cant seem to work out full pics :eek:

Attachments

• P1010855 (Small).JPG
    P1010855 (Small).JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 99
  • P1010851 (Small).JPG
    P1010851 (Small).JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 150
  • P1010847 (Small).JPG
    P1010847 (Small).JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 169
  • P1010846 (Small).JPG
    P1010846 (Small).JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 128
  • P1010843 (Small).JPG
    P1010843 (Small).JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 281
  535d / t5 caravelle
lovin it mate, bet thats a real scooby slayer, agree'd there should be more conversions done like that, but who can do em and at what cost? keep us posted with your road kills;)

'92 172, Lotus Elise
i had the pleasure of being taken for a spin in it a few weekend ago. you've got yourself a real quick car there mate! :)

there was also a pikey nearby with a modded scooby.. but he declined a race ;)

oh, and it certainly does have the brakes to match! :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Very very nice....

What sort of money is it to convert one of these? How reliable/strong are they?
(and by that i mean with regards to driveshafts/gearboxs etc)

I really fanncy one of those....

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
awesome machine, I really really wish I had the skills to start a project like that :dapprove: You going to cadwell m8? Would love to see it running!

haha wicked mate, glad your back up and running.

Does seem pointless to tune the RS. Just imagine if you had of got itbs and wasted maybe £4-5k on them and it still would not have been as quick as the one you have now.

You going to go nuts on it and get it on bigger power than it already is?

Nice! Is it around 280bhp? Like the stealthy look aswell.

Just to put the conversion in perspective I was quoted a 5 figure number for putting that engine in my 182. If you can do it yourself though its no doubt worth it.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
thanks folks, got it for £5,600, could have bought a scoob or early evo i guess but this has the fun factor! no plans to mod it as its plenty fast, had a thumbs up from an s3 driver this aftnoon, the R32 & the evo 2 on chromes were not amused tho. im down south so cadwell is off, plan to visit surrey rr soon. you could sell your 172 engine & buy the VAG & gearing which should be even moneyish? then add fitting. surley even with basic mods its going to be good. i tried to mod my RS in chunks & progress was slow. when you add up cams, headwork, inlets etc, larger injectors smt6/omex, oil cooler, cable throttle conversion, tb's, (to name a few mods) its got to be similar £? i wanted tb's but some idiot not paying attention..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
must resist pull........

fekkin awesome mate! love the way it looks too!

lucky boy

haitch said:
you could sell your 172 engine & buy the VAG & gearing which should be even moneyish? then add fitting. surley even with basic mods its going to be good.
172 engine and box are only worth about £800 or so. 225 engine is £2.5k or so then you need intercooler stand alone ECU driveshafts are custom made from the old ones and Vag ones jointed together.
Matt Black reconed it cost him £6k i think with no labour. You could get it a bit cheaper I guess now that there are maps out there for running of it.

It should be very reliable after all its just a chipped 225 engine realy.

535d / t5 caravelle
Notorious said:
Awesome car....needs to be stripped out;)

http://media.putfile.com/RSDAYOULTON

That car is the dogs b****cks, nothing got close to me on silverstone ( trax 2000 ) in my sorted valver, bar an integra type r, so that thing must be untouchable with all that power and chassis to match!

How would a throttle boddied williams compare? has that white one off here not been up against it? ;)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
edde said:
172 engine and box are only worth about £800 or so. 225 engine is £2.5k or so then you need intercooler stand alone ECU driveshafts are custom made from the old ones and Vag ones jointed together.
Matt Black reconed it cost him £6k i think with no labour. You could get it a bit cheaper I guess now that there are maps out there for running of it.

It should be very reliable after all its just a chipped 225 engine realy.

Its not a TT 225 lump fitted in this - just a baby 180 hp spruced up with a KO4. The car has much more potential power wise.

MATT BLACK said:
Its not a TT 225 lump fitted in this - just a baby 180 hp spruced up with a KO4. The car has much more potential power wise.
Arr right I was told by the bloke who sold it it had come from a TT I think which I assumed was the 225 model.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
there you go, 180hp lump must cost less ;) , dont think il be tuning it that far^^, its fast now, cant imagine what 3.9secs feels like! im not going to strip it as i need it practical & i like the sleeper look. did buy some daytonas for it but tbh im not impressed, need to adress the suspension tho i think, looking forward to some trackdays.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Would it be possible to change the body parts to basic mk1's? like an RT for example, to really suprise people and fly past everything

Edit : holy mother of god that is a sexual beast.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
spose you could change the body but i like the 1.8 shell, id not seen one before the test drive, i like the flared arches. the badges get a fair bit of attention after hearing the dump valve in traffic, like a kid with a new toy ;)