ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO TURBO

Hello guys!!!

Recently the blue turbo 172 was exposed with the new boost configuration at the International Auto Show here in Mexico City. The car is now able to run at 8,9,10 or 12 psi on the turbo... giving hps from 250 at 8psi to 280 at 12 psi. There are some pictures of my car on the Clio Club Mexico Photo Gallery. Please go to http://www.clioclub.com.mxwww.clioclub.com.mx and look at the bottom of the website. There is banner there to the Clio Gallery. If you want to enlarge these pictures you have to register at http://www.auto-mania.com.mxwww.auto-mania.com.mx since we are borrowing some server space for our picture gallery from them.

Yesterday I was driving at like 20 miles per hour when this Leon CupraR came flashing at about 70 mph...I had never raced my car against one of these cars so I pushed the throttle. In about 10 seconds I was on his side, ten more seconds and I was about 10 cars behind him!!! This Clio is fast!!!

Saludos and Merry Christmas to you all!!!

Arturo

megane rs & clio rsi

its amazing!

its not possible to see a car like this in turkey. we dont have many chances to modifiy our cars like this...

is there any posibility to do things like this with my 1.6 16v clio?

Hi everybody..

I am a new member of your group, so I will intruduce myself. I live in Turkey, 24 years old. I am a lawyer but I love cars, especially Tuning.

My car is a Clio 1.6 16V(Before face lift) Here is the mod.s of my car; KN 57i induction kit, supersprint Cat. replacement, devil silencer, Power system box(Chip tuning), eibach springs. And a few things on body.

Arturo , meaby you can help me with some info.

Since i am going to do a Turbo project on my 172 (As soon as i get my parts shipped from mailto:m@thew">m@thew...) i was wondering a few things.

You saied you put some forged pistons. Wich kind ? JE ?

What is the Compration Ratio ?

What size is the Tubo ?

Have you used larger injectors ?

What did you use as an engine managment ?

Allso, any pics of the Intercoler piping ? Any pics of the engine bay ??

Thanks.

Hi there, I know the turbo is a T3, extra injectors were added and the pistons and engine management program were specially designed for this project. Im sorry, since I dont have a digital camera and no pics have been taken from the engine compartment.

Saludos,

Arturo www.clioclub.com.mx

Hello Master Chief;

I am Luis form Autodynamica Mexico as you know we develope this kit with Del Rio Power and our Europe representative is David from Ktec racing, he can answer all the questions that you have, he stayed here past December to check all the details now they are working in his demo car, today we finish our casting exhaust manifols an looks prety good, I will try to atach some pictures.

Regards

Since i am from Israel, i cant just go over and talk with David from K-Tec.

I will mutch appritiate any info you can give me on the subject, eve if its in private .

You or David or anyone whom is willing to help, can email me at

mailto:dyp_one@yahoo.com">dyp_one@yahoo.com

Thanks !

Clio 172 Ph2

Ok, January has been and gone.... still no sign of the turbo kit from K-Tec Racing.

Anyone wish to comment on the current status of the project?

Remapped derv Golf

250bhp from a FWD car that only weights 1100kg (AHEM.................wheel spin)

Still bring on the fecking Punto GTs

any more news from david himself on this..saw an advert he had in max power i think saying it was on its way....how much is it going to cost in total with fitting...can current mods on the car still be maintained i.e exhaust tc..thnks

Lionel Richie

K-tec have the engine sitting there waiting to be built, just waiting on the parts from mexico!!!!!!

Should be attending Donny North

BMW 320d Sport

As someone mentioned above, 250hp in a car weighing 1100 kg is awesome. But the same power in a car weighing 950kg is even better LOL (ie. a valver with a few basic weight saving measures - ditching spare wheel and back seats and running on lightweight rims like OZ Super Ls or Chrono Evos)

Quote: Originally posted by N8_172 on 20 March 2004

Any more news on the turbo its nearly april now..
What do you want to know its ~£6k for 250hp well built and should be reliable but if you cannot afford ~£6k dont even bother