ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 bodykit on a 2001 1.2 16v?

Hi all,

A mate of mine has a 2001 1.2 16v Clio. He has asked me to look at some prices for a V6 bodykit. He has looked at some prices on the internet and one of those places being Ebay. He saw a complete kit for around £1k but because it's Ebay, etc... he's a little "worried" as to what he'll receive and the hassles of sending it back if it wasn't right, etc...

So... could somebody give me some links to V6 kits for this model Clio? I'm under the impression that there are two different V6's. One's a 225bhp and the other a 255bhp. What are the differences between the two with regards to the body styling?

Thanks... :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
dont do it, that is one car that can never be made up from a bodykit, too much work as regards the wide arches, will look crap as all of the ones i have seen do.

just tell him to spend the grand on some coilovers, 172 rear bumper, side skirts and some nice 16" wheels, will look much better.

Please don't put a V6 bodykit on the car, it just doesn't work! Spend the money on alloys, lowering, colour coding and an exhaust :D

BMW 330D
NO! please tell your mate not to put a V6 kit on his clio!. Just subtly modify it, have a look at the photo gallery on here for inspiration!

I've told him exactly the same... but he will not listen. I even told him to buy a V6 and put the 1.2 16v lump in it!!! Haha!

I'm not one for bodykits, etc... either. Infact my car is subtle but effective...

2c3df1ec92df7db48158b47e47418f72.JPG

Yes, I know it's a Saxo. It's french so it's allowed :)

So approx. how much would he be looking at spending if he were to go ahead with it?

Punto/Clio GTT
ive seen 2 v6 replicas that look spot on, both based on 1.2's but unfortunatly ive seen loads of shite half arsed ones. the ebay kits are mainly cheap copies of other kits. you get what you pay for.

Turbos.
Yeah, people tend to skimp on the details. Understandable as i imagine the cost gets astronomical.

The major problems arise with the wheels and wheel arches IMO. The wheels don't come out far enough and there tends to be a massive wheel arch gap at the back. Basically the wheels needs either a mad ET or huge spacers.

Some people don't bother with the foglights or air intakes, which tends to spoil the car too.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
no no and no.

I saw one of these in auchterarder and it was hideous.

If he is dead set on it (his choice of course) then make sure the bodyshop that does it is pretty 'decent' theres alot of curved welding and the like that can go wrong.

Its adviseable to go for at least 17inch alloys as well, as anything else looks lost, as does the 17s that said.

None
If he still wants to do it after seeing the above pic tell him to use orignal V6 parts. Thing is you will be probably spending the same amount as what a V6 costs getting it right :/

Thanks for all your advice peeps... I'll go back to him with your comments and hopefully that'll put him off the idea.

I myself would never do something like that. As said, it'd be cheaper to buy a V6 rather than making a base model look like one.

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 RT
I think your saxo is the first one i have actually liked the look of!!

Your mate will spend a fortune - and chances are he wouldn't be 100% happy with the look of it due to shoddy workman ship etc. Plus how much of a fool will he look when they look in the back of his car and see seats!!

Let alone when some one in a 1.4 corsa does him off the lights!!

Dumpy

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Don't do it! They never look good! Show post all the crap pictures of 1.2 V6's, that we should have saved somewhere (for comical values)...

Tys.