ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 bulbs?

Hello all,

This is not Stuart it's his dad (Bryan) I'm lloking at getting a full set of upgrade bulbs for Stuart's Clio V6 it's a 2001 model.

The question is can anyone confirm what type of bulbs are in the front headlamps?

It appears that in 2001 there was a change and his could have an HB3 (dipped) and an H7 (main) or just one H7 (main & dipped) and are the fog lamps H1?

Thanks for your help.

Bryan

Ford Fiesta
sure someone will be able to tell you what type they are.
Where is Stu by the way, he hasnt been on here for a while now..?

Liam

Hello Liam,

Thanks for the reply, Stuart I'm not sure he has been very busy lately.

As for the bulbs I have just had a look and I now know what they are, just incase anyone else has a similar idea they are H7 Main, HB3 dipped, 5W side and H1 for the fog lamps.

Stuart will be getting, weather he likes it or not: -

H7 Philips GT150
HB3 Philips Blue Vision
H1 Philips Vision Plus
5W Philips Blue Vision

And a good supplier is http://www.performancebulbs.co.uk/ his name is Rob!

Thanks
Bryan

Ford Fiesta
even renault cant get the bulb types right. Only sure way i found was to check what was already in by taking them out.

Are HB3 like the L shape ones? Got some like this in the fog lights on the 182, didnt think they could be changed though as philips didnt do a blue vision variant.

powerbulbs offer discount to cliosport members too, just incase you didnt know.
Liam

Hello Liam,

Yes that's correct the the HB3 bulbs are the L shaped ones and you can get Blue Vision as seen in the following link: -

http://www.performancebulbs.co.uk/

I found the above supplier (Rob) to be very good both with communications and price, here's hoping Stuart like them.

Bryan

Does anyone know if the fog lamps on thr Vee are a straight forward swap or are there any problems like with the Signum where you have to dismantle half the car.

Thanks
Bryan

Ford Fiesta
stusV6 said:
Does anyone know if the fog lamps on thr Vee are a straight forward swap or are there any problems like with the Signum where you have to dismantle half the car.

Thanks
Bryan

I know it aint a V6 but a couple of years ago I wanted to try and change the fog lihgts in my dynamique. Manual said consult renault dealer but I was able to remove them without even putting car on ramps.

When I did though found out there was not a fitment for them in blue vision, sounds like this may have changed now.

Clio RS 172 Ph2
I've become quite accustomed to changing bulbs & infact enitre foglamp itself in the Vee due to the amount of cracked lights I keep getting!

The n/s one can be changed from above - take out the liner in the bonnet, and you can reach down and unclip the bulb holder from behind.

The o/s one can't be done from above as there's too much gubbins in the way, but you don't need a ramp. Turn the wheels full lock to the left, then take out the wheel arch liner (or at least undo it enough until you can slip your hand behind it), then you can get to the bulb holder from behind.

Either way, you need to be good at "feeling" your way down there, as it's impossible to actually see what you're doing, but I've managed to change bulbs, and infact entire foglamps both sides without having to remove the bumper or any other parts.

Thanks for that appreciate it, with your experience of bulbs what do you think of the bulb choice listed above?

Thanks again
Bryan

Ford Fiesta
I like blue vision use them in my bike and for main beam in the 182 and sidelights.

The Philips Power2Night bulbs are amazing. (GT150)

I have them in my Williams and they actually light up the road - standard lights are shocking IMO!

Hello all,

Well that's the order placed, just have to wait on them being delivered now.

I'll let you know what like when they are fitted although they have to be better than the standard lights in the Signum that's for sure.

Bryan