ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 MK 1---poorly !

For sale with a blown engine (big time---huge oil leak and then seizure at 7000 rpm on a track.)

Body good. So which other engine might be suitable for a transplant into the Clio?

Any good motors come to mind? Car is going for £5,000 cash, so a good opportunity for a special car I think!

Clio RS 172 Ph2

£5k! Thats CHEAP!

Scott at SG Motorsport has some BRAND NEW V6 engines in stock. Could be a VERY CHEAP way to Vee ownership!
Is it your car for sale, or have you seen this one advertised?

Quote: Originally posted by 137699 on 28 June 2005

£5k! Thats CHEAP!

Scott at SG Motorsport has some BRAND NEW V6 engines in stock. Could be a VERY CHEAP way to Vee ownership!
Is it your car for sale, or have you seen this one advertised?
Seen advertised.

Looking at getting a motor engineer in Birmingham (he puts motorcycle engines in Westfields, etc.) to price me up putting in an engine from a crashed 2003 TVR.

I can get hold of a low-mileage TVR T350 powerplant, which is both light and powerful. The weight of the finished car would actually be less than with the original engine, but even unfettled the motor would be putting out circa 350 bhp.

I think it is the way to go. (Bought the written-off Clio by the way).

3.6 litre, 350 bhp, 1400kgs max. Should shift! :D

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Vee Six on 29 June 2005

Looking at getting a motor engineer in Birmingham (he puts motorcycle engines in Westfields, etc.) to price me up putting in an engine from a crashed 2003 TVR.

I can get hold of a low-mileage TVR T350 powerplant, which is both light and powerful. The weight of the finished car would actually be less than with the original engine, but even unfettled the motor would be putting out circa 350 bhp.

I think it is the way to go. (Bought the written-off Clio by the way).

3.6 litre, 350 bhp, 1400kgs max. Should shift! :D

that engine NEVER puts out its "claimed figure" its nearer to 300bhp in reality

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

stick an evo lump in - 4-500bhp when sorted and the transmission is up to the job - you can get ratios and it weighs bugger all.

Loads of mods available - just need mounts, exhaust, charge cooler and ecu/wiring.

Ive looked into this so I know where to get the bits

Wouldnt touch a TVR lump with yours!

V

v6Max

Have to agree with MikeT - EVO lump would be a sensible proposition - TVR lump will be fun the first time you start it but the subsequent inevitable rebuilds wont make you laugh.

Like MikeT says there is so much after market kit out there for the EVO engines that ongoing development will be relatively simply and that 400bhp figure can be achieved reliably (given that Mitsubishi were warrantying the FQ4xx).

Of course if you want to go normally aspirated then its a different matter altogether - how about something like a chevy v8!

Had a few chats with several people today.

My EVO340 was a great car, with a quick motor, so I will look out for an engine from a 300/320/330/340 Evolution and see how it goes.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

But then youll miss the glorious sound of a big NA engine ;)

Replacement V6 fettled by Angelworks before it was put in would be my first choice.

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

I have access to evo engines and gearboxes and blokes that know and have just built one putting out 550bhp and 400lb/ft.

I also have a chargecooler system for a v6

PM me if seriously interested

Mike

550bhp and 400ft lbs is a strange combination on an EVO engine!

405/355 was the factory FQ 400 outputs and most aftermarket-tuned 400 bhp EVOS and SCOOBYS have 400 ft lbs too.

550bhp would normally bring 500 torque.