ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 Owner introducing himself.............

Clio V6 Phase 2
Evening Ladies & Gents

Just thought I'd better do the "Done Thing" and introduce myself.

I'm from Portsmouth, and have been in the performance car scene for many years, but this is my first Renault. Previously come from Cosworths (450bhp), Mitsubishi Evolution VII, BMW M3's & M5, TVR Tuscan and now a Phase 2 Clio V6. All which have been second cars/toys for the weekend.

I'm probably a little older than most (Just Guessing), but always enjoyed the car club scene and meets.

Look forward to meeting other enthusiast in my area.

Here's a link, to save me reposting all the same info...... Just click on the small pics and they'll suddenly appear in large Hi Def format http://v6clio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13293

Regards Jim

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Welcome along mate, could you copy and paste the v6.net post?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Welcome along :) these cars are getting common on here now!

Clio V6 Phase 2
Sorry...... Here you go, 16k miles from new and never been intentionally taken out in the rain (See through wheel spokes, still all original paint) and garaged all it's life. Over the moon with it.

CIMG0796.jpg

CIMG0798.jpg

CIMG0799.jpg

CIMG0943.jpg

CIMG0942.jpg

CIMG0941.jpg

CIMG0950.jpg

CIMG0953.jpg

CIMG0951.jpg

CIMG0944.jpg

CIMG0947.jpg

CIMG0940.jpg

CIMG0958.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio V6 Phase 2
Didn't pay over the top - Bought it private from it's second owner, only done 3,500 miles in the last two years ! ! ! But serviced regardless, so new cam belt & water pump kit fitted at the 5yr mark regardless of only doing 16k miles.

Took me three months of travelling up and down the country, and then found this one for sale in Beaulieu, right next to Lord Montegue's car museum, which is only 30 minutes drive from Portsmouth. Was worth holding out to find what I wanted though.

Last edited:
  Clio V6
Jim - That looks like a great example. The Phase 2 in titanium is such a good looking car, no wonder you are very happy :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Welcome along mate, Seen your post on the V6forum. Some lovely motors in your past! Cossie was a cracker. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely mate and great taste in cars.

What's the seats? Trendlines?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice seats then, good choice, nice miles and actually a rare colour of V6 even if there are a million other silver cars on the road.

I have a thing though if I spent that kind of money the car would have to be a special colour and for a V6 I couldn't own one in silver, as understated as it is.

Porsche Boxster987S
Nice seats then, good choice, nice miles and actually a rare colour of V6 even if there are a million other silver cars on the road.

I have a thing though if I spent that kind of money the car would have to be a special colour and for a V6 I couldn't own one in silver, as understated as it is.

yip , totally agree. To own a car as mad as the V6 it would need to have the colour to match it.

Clio V6 Phase 2
Here's a few of my Cosworth Sapphire that I owned for 14yrs and some pics of the level the clio will need to be brought up too, but to be honest I'm in with a great start with #133. She will remain totally original, and everything brought back to the way it was the day it left the factory.
145310a4.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

DCP_6744.jpg

m1.jpg

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

Oilcooler.jpg

And a few of the TVR Tuscan

DSC00854.jpg

DSC00855.jpg

DSC00855.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

And my Concourse Winning M5

BMWCONCOURSE22-6-08066.jpg

BMWCONCOURSE22-6-08069.jpg

BMWCONCOURSE22-6-08068.jpg

BMWCONCOURSE22-6-08078.jpg

BMWCONCOURSE22-6-08076.jpg

BMWCONCOURSE22-6-08073.jpg

And finally M3 which I sold to buy the Clio...................

DSC01525.jpg

DSC01519.jpg

DSC01513.jpg

1338771-3.jpg

1338771-4.jpg

1338771-5.jpg

1338771-6.jpg

1338771-7.jpg

Int20Grey20Imola20SMG20Nav200021.jpg

As you can probably guess, I'm into my Concourse Cars, and the plan for the Clio is to prepare it for the 2011 Autoglym Concourse de Elegance Competitions. BUT....... My cars do get driven, they're not just garage queens, I did many track days with both the Cosworth and the M5, and a week later the M5 took 2nd place at the BMW Concourse in 2008.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Amazing attention to detail. What's your daily driver mate and why the V6 as your next project?

Would love to have the FRP to that standard but sadly as it's my daily it never will be.

Clio V6 Phase 2
Daily Driver - Peugeot 406 HDI......... I live in Portsmouth and commute 4 days a week to London (Network Rail Control Center). Think of me as an Air Traffic Controller.......................... But for trains. And I hate trains, no interest in them whatsoever, but the London Salaries make it worth while.

The V6 was always something I'd fancied, and like the Cosworth, a future classic. Ok...... They're not the fastest thing in the world, and yes Renault should have made them faster, but that's not what they're all about. What other major car manufacturer will ever bring out a car like the V6 again. It cost Renault more to build them, than they sold them for. They just wanted to prove they could build something for the petrolhead, and the certainly did, and sold them at an affordable price.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Most definitely. Ali doesn't even drive his and he won't get rid!

Crazy thinking you have a 406hdi. After having your first concours competition and seeing the admiration the car gets i'm guessing you can't stop.

M3 and M5's aren't the usual things I think of being in Concours competitions. You are into detailing i'm guessing. :eek:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Most definitely. Ali doesn't even drive his and he won't get rid!

Crazy thinking you have a 406hdi. After having your first concours competition and seeing the admiration the car gets i'm guessing you can't stop.

M3 and M5's aren't the usual things I think of being in Concours competitions. You are into detailing i'm guessing. :eek:

Thats not quite true, i ran it for 2yrs straight. Rackin up over 15k miles. In the last two yrs i've done less than 5k...it's purely a weekend/nice weather car and show off toy now. I'm not sure if she'll see the track again...Shame but, thats the way it is.

Clio V6 Phase 2
It's addictive, and keeps me out of trouble......LOL

Monday - Wednesday = Clean, Strip, Rebuild, Put Back Together, Polish
Thrusday = Tiger Tiger (Boys night out)
Friday, Clean Strib, Rebuild, Put Back Together Polish
Saturday = Tiger Tiger.......LOL
Sunday = Car Shows/Track Events

Then start all over again.

M5 took almost a year to get to show standards, V6 will probably take about the same, and with winter coming that's when all the running gear will be stripped off for sand blasting, powder coating/plating, then get it all back together for the spring. And start all over again.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols! Red standard seats or retrimmed by previous owner?

I wish I had the time to do that. You don't sound married! :eek:

Clio V6 Phase 2
Re Trimmed, but done at great cost. Owner was female I might add. The registration when she had it was K9 KLM.............. She was a Scandinavian Airline Stewardess I am told..... Mmmmmm

Single with a very understanding girlfriend.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Re Trimmed, but done at great cost. Owner was female I might add. The registration when she had it was K9 KLM.............. She was a Scandinavian Airline Stewardess I am told..... Mmmmmm

Single with a very understanding girlfriend.

Her partner had a Evo 400, and something else, GTR or 911T rings a bell

Silver 182
Lovely car.. actually all of your cars look amazing, soo sexy.. really!

But i wouldnt be able to own all of those cars and have another one such as a diesel for commute. May be stupid, it may ruin me in costs.. it would never be as clean but i just cant see myself ever leaving and driving something else apart from my favourite toy.. being it 182 right now.. or something mad as dodge or chevy in future!

How do you do it? How do you manage to drive everyday knowing you left your sex on wheels at home? :)

I am probably too young to understand

Clio V6 Phase 2
Too young to understand................ No your not.

I have to drive the Peugeot on my daily commute...... It's 107miles to work, and 107miles back. Quite Simply, I couldn't afford to do it in anything other than a diesel.

Clio V6 Phase 2
Her partner had a Evo 400, and something else, GTR or 911T rings a bell

Yep, that's the one........... He had a Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR 400, that hardly had any miles on the clock, and a Porsche I believe, and she had the Clio V6.