ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio v6 - yum but hummmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
shite title sorry.

Just had a clio v6 in work

got me thinking again, i vowed i would own one before i was 25

but they are still pretty expensive (id want a ph2)

what do they get mpg wise...

probably a non starter but it just made me look twice

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
1) 14,5k should get you a nice sub 30k miler on a mk2
2) The one I drove got 23mpg while I had it for a few days
3) Servicing and maintenance is what will shag most folk.

MG B roadster/172 cup
I don't want to get shagged by servicing and maintenance whoever they are, so think i'll steer clear...:butt:

Black Clio GT
sell that vx and the audi and get one, prob the same sort of mpg as the tt....
you only live once

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
2 twix's and a packet of monster much (flavour dependant)

E90
Looking at pistonheads even more LOL

You could buy a V6 laguna and a clio 182 and make your own for less than what some of those people want lol I saw a Mk 1 at 14k pmsl and it had sold, must of been a long and straight road upto that blokes house, Unless he took about 6 for it cash.

LY 200
LOL - Chill Winston! I was pulling weapon as the others were!

Why jump on me but not them!?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
It's a nice car the V6. I'd like to try one but unless you're very committed, 16k seems alot of money for a Clio. Similar to the ECOS in that respect.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
the last liquid yellow sold with 10k miles (needing cambelt this year) for just over £17k... admittedly to the editor of Evo... but values on Vee's are all over the place. crap time of year to be selling really

It makes me laugh to read adverts like the v6 one! I don't want to read chapter and verse of salesman bullshine... Just give me the pertinent facts and not your verbal dhiarroea about how great you think the car is

TBH I'd rather see a long advert, shows the owner actually has a clue about the car they're selling meaning it's more likely to be well looked after. Instead of the usual 3 or 4 lines written by chavs/idiots telling us "It's well fast m8" and expecting someone to buy it.

The simple truth is that people like to buy cars they don't have to do anything to. It's why I'd never buy a car that just 'a little bit of work' because I'm a lazy fucker and it'd never happen.

Car 1 - £10k - £1k service done.
Car 2 - £9k - £1k service needs doing.

Car 1 will always sell first. Yes, the cost of the service is added to the price, but the buyer doesn't have to worry about booking it in, finding a place to do it, hire cars, hassle, worries it might be more expensive etc etc.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If I was after a V6, i'd buy the most fully maintained one I could get.

I've seen the bills from the big service!

(Someone on here spent £4k!!!!!!!!!!)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Aye - £4k is a touch steep (main stealer price for what I had done maybe?) but mine easily saw £2k. For someone to suggest that it's 'wrong' to want a fraction of that on top of the price for one without the work just demonstrates how out of touch they are...

Mini Cooper S sport
s**te title sorry.

Just had a clio v6 in work

got me thinking again, i vowed i would own one before i was 25

but they are still pretty expensive (id want a ph2)

what do they get mpg wise...

probably a non starter but it just made me look twice

Best stay away from eBay tonight....!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Aye - £4k is a touch steep (main stealer price for what I had done maybe?) but mine easily saw £2k. For someone to suggest that it's 'wrong' to want a fraction of that on top of the price for one without the work just demonstrates how out of touch they are...

Well he had discs/pads, Cambelt kit, Clutch, Two tyres, Major service.

Its a no brainer tbh. Why buy one that hasn't had it all done??

It seems the mods will not allow me to give my opinion, the stage is all yours

Better than yours. C*nt.
It seems the mods will not allow me to give my opinion, the stage is all yours

Maybe try putting your opinion across without calling an established member's advert 'verbal diarrhoea'? Or maybe even thinking about what you're putting, because common sense didn't prevail in your post.

What you said was you'd rather buy a £14-15k car and spend £2-4k on it, than spend £16k? Is it any wonder you were treated as anything other than a forum troll?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Well he had discs/pads, Cambelt kit, Clutch, Two tyres, Major service.

Its a no brainer tbh. Why buy one that hasn't had it all done??

f**k that for a game of cricket. Front disks - £500. Rears are £300-400 from memory. Pads are another £100-£150, tyres are £200 a pop.

Beast of a service. I did mine over 3 weeks so it hurt less! LOL!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
seems abit steep at 16k for the milage? I got mine last march with 9k on the clock for 17k!! 05 plate

Mike, if you're going to post up a link to your advert then you have to take the criticism of the price.

If you don't want anyone to mention it, don't post the link.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Mike, if you're going to post up a link to your advert then you have to take the criticism of the price.

If you don't want anyone to mention it, don't post the link.

Ok.

Right, challenge then Dawn as you know best, find me one in immaculate condition with near new tyres all round and all servicing up to date without a mark on either the inside or the outside for cheaper.

Simple challenge.

Maybe try putting your opinion across without calling an established member's advert 'verbal diarrhoea'? Or maybe even thinking about what you're putting, because common sense didn't prevail in your post.

What you said was you'd rather buy a £14-15k car and spend £2-4k on it, than spend £16k? Is it any wonder you were treated as anything other than a forum troll?

Allow me to correct you on what I was saying....

Your "flowery" advert gives the impression you would be asking 16k for the car anyway and the buyer is getting the work you've had done for free

you've got a high miler v6 worth 14k without the work, you paid 2k for the work and hey presto..... Your advert says 16k

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Ok.

Right, challenge then Dawn as you know best, find me one in immaculate condition with near new tyres all round and all servicing up to date without a mark on either the inside or the outside for cheaper.

Simple challenge.

lol, i dont want to ta! I was simply commenting on your advert, that you chose to post! Good luck! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.