ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Vs Corsa

Clio 1.8 16V
My mate just said he went for a corsa over a clio because of the better build quality! PMSL!!

UR 197, AB 182 FF
chav.jpg

clio 182 black /gold
My corsa had more material than the clio on the door cards. The corsa did not rattle as much but apart from that there the same size and similar in shape.

Z4
All of my mates Corsas fall apart, clios build qualities aren't too goos either, my 25 is just as bad, you pay for good build quality, it's a sacrifice when buying a car but i go for a car with good looks/performance etc etc

Clio RSi
MrP_16v said:
My mate just said he went for a corsa over a clio because of the better build quality! PMSL!!

??

Cos the french have a high standard of build quality.

Have had two corsas and two clios, I'd say the corsa gets it on build quality, both clio's have had something rattle or fall off.. gearbox has felt slack etc

As said both of them arent amasingly brilliant though.

I prefer the corsa on looks hands down, the clio takes it on performance/handling tho!!

My corsa had great build quality to be honest and i never had a problem with it in 2 and half years ownership didnt use the warrenty once. The customer service when i needed servicing etc was excellent.

Renault however on the other hand.... car build quality is shockingly bad and the customer service at every dealer i have been has been an total joke. I would never consider buying a brand new Renault ever and feel sorry for people that have.

I have only owned my cup for 4 weeks and have had nothing but trouble.. yes in terms of looks and performance they are much better but everything else no way.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
sethion33 said:
??

Cos the french have a high standard of build quality.

Have had two corsas and two clios, I'd say the corsa gets it on build quality, both clio's have had something rattle or fall off.. gearbox has felt slack etc

As said both of them arent amasingly brilliant though.

I prefer the corsa on looks hands down, the clio takes it on performance/handling tho!!

corsa on looks keh

133/225/CLS AMG
I drove a Corsa 1.2 courtesy car whilst I owned a Clio 1.2 Grande and the Corsa was just nasty.

Build quality was no different than the Clio but the interior was just horrid!!

Also IMO the Clios look 10 times better on the outside as well.

Vectra :(
We have a corsa 1.1i as a little run around and really i cant fault it. Its not going to set the world on fire granted but for my girlfriend to run the shops and back a few times a week and go out for lunch etc cant fault it. Its a 53 plate and its never skipped a beat really and had far less rattles etc than my 172 had.

Saying that i have put 40k on my vectra (02 plate) so far this year (clocks on 104k now) and thats the same. I think Vauxhall actually have quite good build quality for the price you pay.

Saying that even my 106 rattles less than my 172 did :rasp:

Vauxhalls just arent built to excite you in the way the clio is

www.renparts.co.uk
corsa interior is horrible imo. Mate has a 53 plate corsa sxi. had a pre MOT inspection as well as checks to see what needed doing under warranty. I said to have it checked seeing as its been using water. 1.2 16v, head gasket has gone, rocker cover gasket has gone, rack is nackered as well as an engine mount. My clio is on a 53 plate and has had a few minor problems. I think the looks are preference as the non sport clios have no straight lines on them and the corsa has a slicker look. Personally i think the RS clios win on looks hands down.

Astra SRi T
clio over the corsa, i test drove a 1.2 sxi corsa before i bought clio, i know theres not much to compare in way of 1.2 engines but the clio defo felt a bit more fun , the corsa feels rigid, bland .... just boring

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Before the Clio I used to have a Tigra (old shape) which is just a Corsa with a different shell. I got rid of it at 8 years old, and 104,000 miles cos I was getting pissed off with a couple of rattles.

And I bought a Clio to replace it :rolleyes::dapprove: may have been a slight mistake.