ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio vs Defender *PICS*

Erm.... held up pretty well.

camerapicscrashed.gif

camerapicscrash.gif

camerapicscrashy.gif

camerapics354.gif

:S

Head on...

If anyone has an RS grille can they let me know? It's the only thing I haven't found.

Got new rad, new air con rad, slam panels and bonnet. He had a scratch, grrrr

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ouch.

It wouldn't surprise me if they wrote that off :(

cmon chris i thought a man of your caliber would have experience
to know thats never a write off.
ps i am someone who has first hand experience.

ps you lucky it didnt hit lower down because those front panels are like a f**king
tank to pull and murder to replace.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Are you alright Lacey?

Glad that the xenons weren't smashed, as they're quite pricey!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
cmon chris i thought a man of your caliber would have experience
to know thats never a write off.
ps i am someone who has first hand experience.

ps you lucky it didnt hit lower down because those front panels are like a f**king
tank to pull and murder to replace.

It soon adds up mate... at Renault prices.

Slam Panel
Bumper
Grille
Bonnet
Radiator
A/C Unit
A/C pipework

You'd be surprised. I had my bonnet replaced last year, and i was quoted near to £800 at some places, for the panel and paint alone. Got it down to £500 in the end though.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Looks like the front member is bent aswell.

Could be worse i s'pose. Hope you get it sorted mate.

Cheers all. I'm ok, got whiplash, went to docs and they sorted me out a treat.

£200 all in FIXED... although does mean I have to have a white bonnet for a couple of months till I've saved enough to get it sprayed.

£70 for bonnet
£70 for two new rads
£25 for slam panel
£40 new grill (which I still need!)

Swift Sport
Ouch!! Hope you get it sorted soon fella as it is a looker! :)

...I think you may have given '2thumbs' an idea though ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cheers all. I'm ok, got whiplash, went to docs and they sorted me out a treat.

£200 all in FIXED... although does mean I have to have a white bonnet for a couple of months till I've saved enough to get it sprayed.

£70 for bonnet
£70 for two new rads
£25 for slam panel
£40 new grill (which I still need!)

LOL

Certainly not Renault prices then! Are you not going through the insurance?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Glad you were ok dude, hope it all gets fixed for you soon!

I have a '98 defender for on the farm, they don't exactly have 'crumple zones'.

Steel girder for a front bumper and the back of the chassis at the back, with a 2.5tn rated towbar & frame, absolutely solid against any car/van/tree/small animals.

hope you get it sorted mate.

Steel girder for a front bumper and the back of the chassis at the back, with a 2.5tn rated towbar & frame, absolutely solid against any car/van/tree/small animals.

he's being a c**t and saying he needs a new front bumper, I am 100% sure that my almost stationary clio is not capable of causing any more than said scratch to a f**king defender!

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Oh yes. It was actually on my shortlist of cars to get (along with the MX5 and a Mondeo...)

Did an insurance quote and it was £170.. lol. Would still have one tbh, but only wanted it to cause mischeif so it's probably for the best.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Nooooo!! i like your car.

did the top of the radiator not hit the fuel rail guard?

he's being a c**t and saying he needs a new front bumper, I am 100% sure that my almost stationary clio is not capable of causing any more than said scratch to a f**king defender!

Thats a joke! My dad t-boned a mini with the landy when it tried to nip across the main road in front of him, absolutely tore the back end off the car - complete write off. The landy needed a new 'bumper' better described as a girder and, front light housing and the wheel was pulled out of alignment very slightly. £50 to fix - parts from a scrappy. The bumper is stainless steel so they last forever and its ny-on impossible to tell a new one from and old one!!

and he hit the mini at about 50! so I would suggest he just doesn't like the look of your cars paint on his bumper.... lol