ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio vs Ibiza

dCi 100
Hi,

So the thing is... I really, really like the current shape Seat Ibiza. I like how it looks, I like the interiors and they way you feel 'surrounded' when inside. And I like the TDI PD 130 power plant, not to mention the 160hp Cupra TDI.

But I also know that the interiors are rubish and they rattle more than the clio. And that if I bought one it had to be the 'business' version, with only two seats and a grille in the middle so you can carry stuff in the back. Portuguese way of lowering taxes on the car, but will depreciate alot faster!

I currently have a Clio dCi100 with aprox. 21.126 miles. No problem whatsoever during these almost two years of ownership, and I think that I was never more than a few hours without it due to services, etc.

The thing is, and I guess you brits might feel the same, I sometimes feel that I'm too big for the car ?! lol Maybe becouse the cars 'waisteline' is a bit low.

So, what do you guys think?
Would you make the change?

Cheers,
J!

Turbos.
It does feel small in the Clio, and particularly vunerable when you get back in it after spending time in a bigger car!

Can't say i share your feelling with the Ibiza, the chassis is poor and i don't like the way it looks. Hate that it has no arches whatsoever, even the Cupra looks tame to me.

my mum has a ibiza cupra pd160, its not a bad car, its well built has a shed load of torque so it pull like a train.(revo do a remap to take it to 190bhp and 240ish ib/ft torque) good on fuel, but its not an involving car to drive and its f**king ugly.

182 FF
I'm quite a tall lad, but I love the feeling of being enclosed in a small car, I feel more in control of the vehicle and it makes for great handling when I'm driving through the twisties:D

Also means that theres less to polish!

197-I love!!!
I had a Cupra R Ibiza for 3 years-Great car and quick but I've had my 182 for 2 years-I'd definitely go for a 182 if that's what you're thinking.

Black R26, Iceburg 172
I owned an Ibiza Tdi 130 before i bought my cup. Well made car, very comfortable, quick and light on fuel, and is easy to drive but its so boring compared to the Clio. The chassy in the clio is far more fun and adjustable and i thought the Ibiza was quick, until i drove the cup which is in a different league. Having said that the Ibiza Tdi's are really easy to remap and you can get massive power and torque increases.