ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio williams 3

clio 2litre/gt 5 turbo
hey people just a quicky i was going to up rate my brakes slightly but money is an issue for abit now, istead of standard discs what discs are better than standard for the front pair????????

please help

1. Brembo max with mintex extreme pads?

2. ebc ??? and pads???

3. omp drilled and grooved and omp pads?

Stock disks are fine.

Forget Mintex pads IMO there rubish.

No need in anything drilled.

If you want to save money get some stock pads £40 from Renault ish then bleed the brakes with some decinet fluid.

clio 2litre/gt 5 turbo
i was thinking of getting the bakes bled seeming im only the second owner of this car and i dont no when they were bled last, could be an option

how can i stop brake fade?

clio 2litre/gt 5 turbo
well basicly around the streets there fine but if i was to have a couple of laps with another car somewhere the pedal goes hard and nothing there, probalbly worth a fluid change anyway, wat would you sugest?

well basicly around the streets there fine but if i was to have a couple of laps with another car somewhere the pedal goes hard and nothing there, probalbly worth a fluid change anyway, wat would you sugest?

Check the pads there most likly the issue not the fluid then.

Bleeding the fluids always a good idea.

Check the calipers are sliding etc though.

clio 2litre/gt 5 turbo
the inside of the discs are slightly liped and the pads are about 6months old but standard probably havnt got a very good heat range

clio 2litre/gt 5 turbo
hmmm maybe the garage didnt put on genuine pads???? i was out last night the pedals actuallully going very spungy and hard to brake what could this be??? thanks mate

hmmm maybe the garage didnt put on genuine pads???? i was out last night the pedals actuallully going very spungy and hard to brake what could this be??? thanks mate

Spongy often means the fluid gone.
If they have used cheap copy cat part (after all you can get pads for £7 which fit and fluid for next to nothing but its rubish). rarther than soem high quality stuff then that can be the problem.

Proper Renault pads are £40 or so but you can get FDB 845 which are just as good if not better for £17 from halford and that not on a trade discount.

clio 2litre/gt 5 turbo
ill give it a fluid change first and change discs and pads (front) next month there probably due. how easy is it to change the driver drive shaft, i can do gearbox side i have never done driver side.

ill give it a fluid change first and change discs and pads (front) next month there probably due. how easy is it to change the driver drive shaft, i can do gearbox side i have never done driver side.

Drivers sides easy just get a new drive shaft roll pin 30p or so they are from Renault and you'll break the one one often getting it out. Just knock that out from the shaft. Just remmber the hole for it isn't perfectly in the center so if the drive shaft roll pin doesn't fit in and you think you have it in right turn it by 180 degrees and try it that way. Its a supid design IMo I know alot of garage have hammered them in place and not checked to see if they have to turb it 180 dgrees to fit. If they have then you often can be there agres knocking it out or drilling it.

williams and trophy
id recommend ds2500 pads with std discs. dot 4 fluids and a set of braided lines.

as edde says tho, std shud be pretty good, but give them a bit of continual abuse they start to fade very quickly. iv fitted the ds 2500 s on mine a while ago now, have been very impressed, no fade wotsoever since, trackdays/road driving.£25 i think they were. 35 at most.

clio 2litre/gt 5 turbo
id recommend ds2500 pads with std discs. dot 4 fluids and a set of braided lines.

as edde says tho, std shud be pretty good, but give them a bit of continual abuse they start to fade very quickly. iv fitted the ds 2500 s on mine a while ago now, have been very impressed, no fade wotsoever since, trackdays/road driving.£25 i think they were. 35 at most.

what make are ds 2500? my mate at nationwide auto centre just gave me a litre of unipart gbf4100 dot 4 brake/clutch fluid will that be any good for this car?
do the braided lines make loadsa difference?

what make are ds 2500? my mate at nationwide auto centre just gave me a litre of unipart gbf4100 dot 4 brake/clutch fluid will that be any good for this car?
do the braided lines make loadsa difference?

Ferrodo do the DS pads.

Should be fine that fluid. You might find its fades quick with hard use and harder pads like DS stuff depends how you drive etc.

Braided lines do help on older cars more so as the older rubber becomes softer.