ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams F7R ITB fuel rail

Clio Hybrid
Hey guys, I have a small technical problem. I am building another engine based on F7R from Williams using Jenvey throttle bodies kit.
Together with all the parts (manifolds, airhornes new pistons etc...) I have got fuel rail.

Now, when assembling all of the above to the head gasket I came to the point where I do have oryginal ports for fuel rail and the ones just under the airhornes. I am not sure if I should use just the new one or use boths (the new and the original fuel rails) ? Can anybody hel with that?

Should this engine run on two fuel rails?

ITB'd MK1
I will be using the original. Have done it before and it works fine

On a non-standard engine I'd probably go for using a jenvey rail and using the injector holes in the TBs.

You CAN run an 8 injector setup if your ECU will control it, Staged to run the injectors in the head at lower rpm, and phasing in the secondary set at higher RPM. Works well for top end power. Jenvey do some trumpets now with injector bosses fitted so you can run secondarys from further out

Clio Hybrid
I will be using the original. Have done it before and it works fine

On a non-standard engine I'd probably go for using a jenvey rail and using the injector holes in the TBs.

You CAN run an 8 injector setup if your ECU will control it, Staged to run the injectors in the head at lower rpm, and phasing in the secondary set at higher RPM. Works well for top end power. Jenvey do some trumpets now with injector bosses fitted so you can run secondarys from further out

Well thanks for the info, but let me get this right. What do you mean that you would use jenvey rail on a non-standard engine? I mean what is non-standard.

I will use VEMS stand alone to control everything, I am not sure if it will cover both rails.

On the other hand, I don't understand why i got rail from Jenvey if this was not necessary (or perhaps it is, this is just a question)

HBT 172 Cup
I'd run the injectors from the ITB's and make little blanking plugs for the original injector holes. More atomisation, more power ;)

I use VEMs, and it can control 8 injectors independantly (and upto 16 injectors in pairs)

ITB'd MK1
I mean if you had an engine with modified internals, like pistons, cams, cylinder head porting, then if would be worth the effort to get the gains. On standard compression etc, the standard position for injectors will work well enough as you're unlikely to use a greatly increased rev limit.

If you have the jenvey rail already, you may aswell use it

ValverInBits
stand-off injection (2nd injector row) is basically the coolest f**king thing ever. You tube it. omg.

You can sometimes loose a little @ low end bringing the injectors back. It causes atomisation earlier (in the port rather than the cylinder). Atomised fuel has greater volume than liquid fuel, hence there is less room for air and you reduce volumetric efficiency slightly. This is a very minor downside however and won't cause any problems whatso-ever....just interesting.

sounds a cool build

HBT 172 Cup
I'll be doing stand off injectors on mine once its built, dont know of any road going clio with an 8 injector setup so far?

My only worry is the 2nd rail is literally going to be hanging out the front of my bonnet lol

Clio Hybrid
I mean if you had an engine with modified internals, like pistons, cams, cylinder head porting, then if would be worth the effort to get the gains. On standard compression etc, the standard position for injectors will work well enough as you're unlikely to use a greatly increased rev limit.

If you have the jenvey rail already, you may aswell use it

Thanks sideways danny, my engine has forged woessner pistons, catcams camshafts (designed for ITB), gr.A exaust system etc.... Basicaly I have changed everything possible to be change.

On the other hand, the same what I wrote you on PM. I am not looking for 180 or 190 hp. This we already got without ITB (exactly 198 hp). I want to go to arround 210-220 hp and I know this is possible, especialy that I have seen something like this on this forum.

Well if anybody has any information about results on such setup please let me know.

2005 Nissan Navara
What bodies do you have?
If it's the 118mm dcoe type then easy enough to use a jenvey rail and just block the injector holes in the head (jenvey sell bungs for this).

If you are using short bodies then keep the rail in the original setup as it will foul the filter housing if you have it on the bodies.

If you have it on the bodies you'll need to lengthen lives and run a different FPR, whilst keeping the stock setup will save money as you can keep the oe stuff.

Clio Hybrid
What bodies do you have?
If it's the 118mm dcoe type then easy enough to use a jenvey rail and just block the injector holes in the head (jenvey sell bungs for this).

If you are using short bodies then keep the rail in the original setup as it will foul the filter housing if you have it on the bodies.

If you have it on the bodies you'll need to lengthen lives and run a different FPR, whilst keeping the stock setup will save money as you can keep the oe stuff.

This is what I have

Uploaded with ImageShack.us