ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams gr.A intake or ITB?

2005 Nissan Navara
Yes ignition curve wont be perfect, but with any ammount of common sense, the car shouldnt relly be driven at full load untill fully mapped, so the risk of detonation isnt a problem if you drive sensibly.

Just comparing a megane dcoe manifold and a williams head now, and its very obvious if you tried to match you would break through the manifold walls by about 10mm on each side!

In any case, theres a williams one available of the shelf, so why bother f**king about.

Clio Hybrid
we are building the library of files for each spec...

apart from the fueling the ignition changes substantially for different cams

the manifold for the williams is the same for the megane head and the 172, they just need porting to match the different heads

HOLD ON GUYS - so lets confirm some facts - which head is better for throttle bodies: williams or megane (both F7r)?

From information i got fron Jenvey they have manifold only for megane head (not for williams)

Also was such engine F7r ever installed in laguna?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
doh! stan your totally correct just checked and the 172 and megane inlets are different, look the same externally but have different offsets internally.

2005 Nissan Navara
Williams is better in terms of standard flow.

If your having it modidified, then megane can be made to flow well, plus theoretically you will retain torque at lower engine speeds.

williams and trophy
i used the williams head on mine. and the webeer set up..

i wont be going to the trouble of sorting a megane head out for when they go back on, but i will be making one or two more adjustments to the chadil manifold, they are finished really poorly, had to fettle quite a bit just to get the bodies port flush with the manifold.

a shorter rad would be a wise move tho,.

Clio Hybrid
is is much easier to get megane head in Poland. Additionaly nobody wants to sell williams engine ;)

Clio Hybrid
sorry for briging this topic up but I am in the final stage and I do have some questions:

I have got
1. F7R headgasket

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

2. air filter

04.jpg

3. air hornes :D

05.jpg

06.jpg

4. ITB's

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

5. fuel rail

10.jpg

6. inlet manifold

11.jpg

12.jpg

7. all together

13.jpg

14.jpg

8. cat cams adj. pulleys

rk1.jpg

rk2.jpg

rk3.jpg

9. forged pistons

Obraz05.jpg

Obraz07.jpg

Obraz02.jpg

Obraz06.jpg

Obraz04.jpg

Obraz03.jpg

Obraz01.jpg

now we are assembling all together

Clio Hybrid
thanks, I think that Air Hornes will be not needed.
Does anyone knows where I could get such airbox together with air intake??

vue_ensemble2.jpg

Lionel Richie
pipercross sell something thats not as good as that
IMG_1082.jpg

or you can try reverie - very expensive! my airbox was £700 from them!

Clio Hybrid
I should get first results mid of next week, I will simply wait what I got and then decide if I need more ;)

williams and trophy
and take those bolts out the pullies and replace with the domed allen bolts....the ones in the pic will rub on the inside of the cover.

;)

lookin good btw.

williams and trophy
the bolt heads rub on the inside of the pulley cover. the round head ones dont sit quite as proud, therefore they dont rub.

Clio Hybrid
john's totally correct...

use the wrong ones and you will kill a head.... in a second or two

s**t, sorry guys if I take your time but we have all projects in poland with cat cams pulleys and we have never faced such problem. Does any one have any picture of such problem or where does it cost a problem??

Clio Hybrid
Ok, I do have another question.

We do have a company which is dealing with OMEX, however they are not very competitive and a lot of people told me some stuff about them so I am not sure if I should leave my car overthere.

On the other hand, I have found one guy who said that he can easly tune my car up on the standard ECU.

Have anyone in UK have heard that you can tune (map) such engine on the standard ECU??

Clio Hybrid
he said that he will use standard ECU but remap it. I wonder if it is possilbe to achive good result without standalone??

How it is possible to manage ITB withoug any sensors?

he said that he will use standard ECU but remap it. I wonder if it is possilbe to achive good result without standalone??

How it is possible to manage ITB withoug any sensors?

speak to AndyGDI about the issue's you get on standard ECU's, he did tell me the technical reason a while back but I cant remember the reasoning. I'm sure he said you could get it running, but it wouldn't make the power and would be a pig to drive...

M

mini-valver

Paul from RStuning is curently trying to get the standard ECU to run with ITB's. If anyone can do it, He can.....

Clio Hybrid
Helo, just few more questions that I would like to ask you.

1. should I use special bolts for head gaskett?
2. does any one has seen 1.8 engine block modifided for 2.0?
3. does any one has 2.0 engine block for sale?

Thanks a lot for help

Clio Williams Gr.A
Hy, can somebody help me where I can buy this gr.a intake with filter? I have a Gr.a clio for racing, so if somebody know for more parts for sale, let me know please, send it on mail. ;)

offtopic: is here somebody which know a lot of clio gr.a, I need some information about suspension,...