ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams Jacking Tools

DBS

Clio Williams 2
I've got a fair bit of rust on my sills, so I'm a bit nervous jacking it up. Anyone got some advice for a novice?

Looking through the manual they recommend a tool Cha 280-02 to fit to a trolley jack. Haven't managed to find one so I'm looking for alternatives.

The manual also says not to lift it under the front suspension or rear axle, and says to lift it under the front engine mounts. Would a strong metal bar be a good adaptor for my trolley jack?

If I do chance it on the sills, would you go with a pad like this? Or maybe a solid piece of wood with a cut to fit over the weld to spread the load a bit wider?

jackpad.png

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I use one of those hockey puck tools on my 172 but wouldn't use it in my mk1

At the front you can jack on the chasis rail or the rear subframe bolts

To the rear I jack the car up on the rear beam where the torsion bars go through the trailing arms

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
As above, jack on the inner chassis rail or subframe at the front, use timber on the subframe as it dents easy.

On the rear jack up on the ball part of the rear beam .