ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio williams performance

whats the performance stats for a clio williams? 0-60, 0-100, etc. just wondering how they compare with the 130bhp saxo vts :)

TT 225

Very similar speeds up to 60, 80, maybe a little more but 0-100 speed for the williams i think is quicker than the VTS.

You can compare times, but thats as far as it goes, coming from an old saxo owner :)

Saxo was a fun car, but it stopped there :)

The Willy is quicker than the VTS from A to B, but not necessarily much if at all in a straight line at legal speeds. The book times for the two show similar 0-60, but with the Willy opening a bigger gap by the ton (about mid to low 7s 0-60 for both and 20 for the Willy, 23 for the VTS IIRC). VTS in-gear figures are on the whole a bit less than the Willy.

There are some "freak" examples of both cars though: theres loads of footage on here of some VTS drivers giving Williams a serious run for their money - ask Craggy ;) Not all VTS are that fast though, just as not all Willys will do 0-100 in 18 secs or less like some.

As for a "real world" tussle, the reason a Willy would win IMO is because of its really fat torque spread. Out of T-junctions, roundabouts and so on would be where a Willy would open the gap.

Its like the difference between a Valver and a Willy really - if you race a Valver when its on-cam, then theres not a massive difference. Add a few obstacles, tight corners and so on and the Willy will show its teeth.

I drive both every week as my Girlfriend has a VTS. Her VTS is an R reg one but she got Citreon to reprogramme the ECU as it went faulty. Its definatly faster since but BHP I dont know.

They are quite evenly matched.

Handling wise the VTS has a sharper turnin making feel a bit more fun around town but once out on the back roads this makes its a bit more twitchy and less composed than the Williams. Cannot complain about the handling of either tho - both brilliant.

Performance wise Ben summend it up - from corners and roundabouts I always pull a decent distance on the VTS as it seems to have a smaller power band.

In a straight line there is a few car lenths in it from 30 to about 80 for the Williams. Above that im not sure.

Really must get a proper comparason one day when its dry - did a few comparasons before but the weather was bad.

cheers. i just wondered, as i knew the williams were quick, dad used to have one. ive got the faster model of vts too, just at the change from phase 1 to 2, so it does 0-60 under 7.5 i think, will have to get it timed :) i was originally after a williams as ive had 2 clios in the past but my insurance limit was a 1.6 16v so the saxo won