ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio & wires

Hey i was wondering if anyone could help.

Ive got a Renault Clio 98 Grande 1.2 RN and i am "trying" :) to wire up the amp. I just wondered if or how anyone else got the power cable from the battery to the boot.

Is there somewhere i can feed it through as ive looked but have had no luck somewhere.

Or is my only option running the wire along the bottom of the car and up through the boot??

Thanks

Audi S3 225

Wot I did was feed the wire behind the plastic trim from the boot to the front passenger seat. fairly simple cos the plastic just clips off, plus the speaker wire is behind here as well. Then I had to drill a small hole just above where ur feet go, dont worry theres plenty of room so u wont go drilling into any wires or angine bits. Then just feed the wire to the battery. Remeber to seal the hole on the outside so that u wont get any water or dirt coming into the car.

Well, this should be the same as the 172, if you follow the bonnet release cable from the handle in the left hand side footwell, youll get to a large gromet with a small hole (which takes the release cable), make a new hole through that and feed the wire through there, you should have enough room to work, but if not you may have to just take the expansion tank of the bulkhead to get you hands down to where the gromet is in the engine bay.

As Jonesy says pull the cable along the inside (Left is easiest) under all of the plastic trim, clip off/clip on, should be easy.

Good luck.