ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio won't start sometimes

clio172 sport
hi, my clio has developed an intermitent fault.
the engine turns over a few times does'nt start and then the starter stops turning over, it will do this again and again.
is this a common problem with the clio's?
any idea's what could be causing this??
cheers.

send your ecu away get the immobiliser taken off problem solved :) and get a group n map for £200 notes

How is that even remotly going to help??

Most likly its the TDC sensor on the engine there terribale for failing £50 for a new one with the assocaitd wiring etc the sensor iteslef is £25 but you need the £25 wiring loom as ell.

Renault Clio S
I know that battery connector's are made of really cheap material on all Renault's and after a while fail to conduct properly. This normally results in three - four failed starts over a period of anything between 2 - 10 minutes, possibly longer before the car will start. My neighbour's Clio is currently suffering this problem.

Removing the connectors from the battery and cleaaning them, even if there is no visible corrosion, often solves the problem.

Leon Cupra R 225
ecu, lambda sensor - reno diagnostics will tell you in a matter of minutes. if your under warranty great, if not ut oh..

Golf GTD
is this common with 1.2 also? My clio seems to start sometimes fine, then the next day you can turn the key and it will just not start, can hear the thing trying to start but just wont.

Seems to help if i put my foot on the accelerator sometimes but not all the time.

Mondeo TDCI 130
TDC sensor! common as s**t! just doesnt pick the timing signal off the flywheel very well! new sensor and small section of loom! about £20 from renault! needs soldering in.

Mondeo TDCI 130
send your ecu away get the immobiliser taken off problem solved :) and get a group n map for £200 notes

How is that even remotly going to help??

Most likly its the TDC sensor on the engine there terribale for failing £50 for a new one with the assocaitd wiring etc the sensor iteslef is £25 but you need the £25 wiring loom as ell.

i think they have come down in price edde? but it may not be retail!

is this common with 1.2 also? My clio seems to start sometimes fine, then the next day you can turn the key and it will just not start, can hear the thing trying to start but just wont.

TDC sensor is the 1.2 got a whole host of problem parts on it.

Golf GTD
thanks guys, will have to see if i can get this sorted. so new TDC sensor, any idea how long it takes to fit?

clio172 sport
thanks guys, thats given me a few things to check out, i thought the alarm/imobiliser might of had something to do with it as i locked and reopened the car when it would'nt start the other day and then it was ok.
thanks for all the replys to my thread! :)

BMW F31
Just clean the TDC sensor, thats all i did as it was caked in crap then refit it. save yourself the money and clean it first ;)

there's a guide on here if you do a search :)